Stock issue : save my business model

MorningYall
3 0 0

Hello everyone,

I am selling clothing online which:

• Are limited to 100 exclusive pieces each

• Have three different sizes, S/M/L

• Have a serial number embroidered on the T-shirt (after the purchase, to get the correct size)

• When someone picks his serial number, they pay +1€

I am using the app "Infinite Option" to create multiple options (size S, M, L) linked in the stock to multiple numbers (1 > 100).

What's the issue? When someone makes a purchase with "Select your number", it creates a new product, and reduces my stock by 2 items instead of one. I have to manually update it, which is a pain. Indeed, having the right stock up to date is essential for my customers to know if there are any S/M/L sizes left, and what number.

Unfortunately, after helping me, the application seems to have abandoned me in the face of this problem. That's why I'm reaching out to you hoping to find a solution to my problem: my entire business model is based on it.

I am open to any suggestion, within the limits of my competence. Thank you!

0 Likes
shansalam
Shopify Partner
51 4 10

@MorningYall Can you please send me your store address to take a look ?

Shan | www.linkedin.com/in/shansalam

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
You can also contact me on shansalam@gmail.com for any queries
0 Likes
shansalam
Shopify Partner
51 4 10

Great, this looks solvable. Can you please give us a collaborator access to look in detail into this issue?

Or a workaround would be just to double your stock. Instead of 100, keep 200 and you don't have to manually update every time. 

Shan | www.linkedin.com/in/shansalam

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
You can also contact me on shansalam@gmail.com for any queries
0 Likes
channelup
Shopify Partner
244 11 30

Hi

From what I understand your issue is that you cannot set up 300 variants of the one products (Sx100, Mx100, Lx100) as there is a limit of 100 variants in Shopify.

Have you considered splitting the different sizes into individual products and setting the number as a variant. This wouldn't require an additional app and inventory would match as each number would be set to 1. If this doesn't work some better inventory management might be required but it depends how you manage the unique serial numbers.

Regards

Tom

Channelup is a product data management solution helping Shopify stores automate their processes.
If you require custom development or would like to test out our features contact me at tom@channelup.io
0 Likes