Stocktake from previous year

Highlighted
2 0 3

I am attempting to get a stocktake report from my Shopify store from June 30 last year (7 months ago). I can only see a way to go back 3 months. Is there a way or has anyone been able to go back further to get their stock levels from a time further back? many thanks...

1 Like
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 502
I am attempting to get a stocktake report from my Shopify store from June 30 last year (7 months ago). I can only see a way to go back 3 months. Is there a way or has anyone been able to go back further to get their stock levels from a time further back? many thanks...

Hi @Dino4,

Nick here from Shopify. 

You are correct in saying that you can only see the last 90 days of inventory history for a product. Shopify has a help guide going into more detail on this here. I had a look through the app store to see if there were any apps which could allow you to see further back than 90 days but couldn't find one which stated this feature in any way, which leads me to think it could be down to the API of the Shopify platform. 

Would you be able to reply to me in the thread here and explain why this would be beneficial to your business also, please? The reason I ask is that I can put this through as a feature request for the future and by having a reason on how it can benefit/ improve a business it will be a huge help to the development team to understand the impact of inventory history has and how it can improve a business. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 3

Hi there Nick, thankyou so much for responding to my question. Here is Australia we have to stocktake our stock at end of financial year for tax reasons. June 30 every year. Last year I forgot to do it, so now in doing my tax return need to know how much stock I had on hand at that point, June 30. So going back to particular dates on my store is very beneficial. I'm sure it would be for other people too from time to time. This would be a great feature, instead of the current 3 months. Is this something that can be put in place now and I could then go back to June 30 last year? many thanks, Dean

2 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 502

Hi Dean, 

Thanks for getting back to me on this. That makes a lot of sense. I can't say if this is something which could be put in place now, all I can do is submit this as a feature request to the team with the reasoning for future consideration. I'm not a developer so it would be out of my scope to say anything more about it. But this is certainly helpful and feedback from store owners is always appreciated, so I thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Tracking inventory for over 90 days will be very beneficial for our store as well as it can help us in inventory planning, especially during the holiday season. We can go back a year and based on last year's sale on different items and plan for this year's ordering for the holiday season. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 3

We also need this for Audit purposes and I think at LEAST a year should be minimum. As we sell food, for traceability, this is very important.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Our company needs this information as well. And to be honest if you want to compete with other major inventory and resale platforms, you need to be able to back back at least 12 months on an items inventory history. It's beneficial for taxes and investigation when there is an issue with an item.

0 Likes