Stopping SPAM on the Contact Form

Excursionist
29 0 14

Here is a screenshot of just a partial page among many pages of spam that is coming through our Newsletter Contact Form.  Whether it is the shopify popup newsletter form or the newsletter form that is in the bottom left hand column of our page it is unknown.  Until this matter is resolved such as first having to enter a name in the form instead of that number that always comes up or a spam detector then this problem literally makes writing a blog or email newsletter to anyone that signs up a big problem.  I picked Shopify for what features it showed as being useful to us.  I think that Shopify needs to step up and quit trying to sell us apps to take care of their problems.  I am not going to buy any more apps so do not try to sell me one.  Fix this matter or tell us how to internally fix it with what we already have.  

customers-screencapture31519.jpgscreencapture-customer-form-spam

6 Likes
1 0 0

While Shopify figures this out, you can setup a filter in Gmail/G Suite to hide the spam messages.

Create a search:

from:(mailer@shopify.com) subject:([SPAM] New customer message)spam-search.PNG

Then create a filter from that search:
spam-filter.PNG

How to create a filter in Gmail:
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6579?hl=en

0 Likes
Excursionist
29 0 14

Gizio,

We do not use gmail for business.  

1 Like
Hi all

Stupid question but why is not already on our Shopify contact forms for the first message as standard I've had 2 spam messages this morning and it's only 6am UK time

Cheers

Nigel
Many Thanks

Nigel

Shop Personalised Gifts
0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 9
Because they want to charge you every month to put a CAPTCHA verification on your site. I get dozens of spam emails from our contact form and the only guidance Shopify will give is to download an app that will add another $5-$10 per month to our bill. It's just a scam to get you to pay more... plain and simple!!!
3 Likes
Highlighted
Yep agreed totally,

other providers provide this as standard, I like shopify but I'm starting to think that the basics that others offer may be the way it go, we can't afford to keep adding dollars here and flats there

Shame as we have spent a lot of time and money coming over to shopify

This is basic stuff and we should not have to pay for this

Cheers
Many Thanks

Nigel

Shop Personalised Gifts
4 Likes
Tourist
9 0 8

This is a good solution, thanks. (Gmail filtering) Personally, I think everyone should filter these messages so they forward to Shopify support. Then we'd see how quickly the problem would be fixed!

6 Likes
Excursionist
26 0 1

any news? shopify experts?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2 0 2

Still getting spam, even after removing the form from my contact page. Got ANOTHER one yesterday, and I forwarded it to safety@shopify.com

2 Likes
1 0 0
same problem for me, more than 15 a day! Did you find a solution? thank you
0 Likes