Store Admin Very Slow?

Matkai
Tourist
12 0 3

Hi, Is anyone else having an issue with store admin being so slow?  It is driving me crazy I cannot get any work done, takes ages just to change menus or change down a save a single change...  Have been in contact with support they have said I am the only one, no one else is having an issue, blamed on the internet, but have no issues with internet speed uploading videos, movies all the same as always

0 Likes
Diana__Dee__Sen
2 0 0

Its happening to me too.

I raised this to helpdesk via FB and was told its not happening to other clients

It is so slow. Creating a draft, and wanting to send took me a few tries.

Loading from 1 page to another is also taking a long time

Are you by any chance based in Australia?

0 Likes
AmyNew
1 0 0

Hi.

This is also happening to me and I am based in Australia.

I cannot upload my product images and they are under the size regulations.

Shopify please help ASAP!

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10039 119 1876

If it's regional perhaps you're experience an issue at your ISP level. What internet provider do you use? If it's the same as each other that can narrow down the cause further.

I'm also in Australia but haven't noticed any issues. If there's a certain process to follow to replicate it - add it here.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Eva13
2 0 1

Hi,

I am based in Australia and have the same problem .... can't upload product images and the admin site is extremly slow. This has been going on for the past couple of days . 

I emailed Shopify support, but no reply as yet. Need help ASAP please!

0 Likes
Donna_Coleman
1 0 0

Hi all,

I am another Aussie shopify user and have the same issue.  

What provider are you using Jason?  I have NBN and Optus WiFi.  

All other programs are loading as usual, but the shopify admin is extremely slow and as Eva said, can't upload images etc.

Not sure what to do now.

0 Likes
Eva13
2 0 1

Hi,

I'm with Optus (broadband cable), however I have no other issues beside the slow admin and inability to upload product images into my Shopify site. I have no problems uploading images to my Etsy store and everything else works fine. 

I'm still awaiting reply from Shopify support :(

Jason
Shopify Expert
10039 119 1876

@Donna - I have access to Internode and Telstra broadband.

@all Since this looks like Optus I'd suggest giving their support team a shout. Perhaps they are having current issues, or perhaps limiting your connection speed. ISPs can limit speeds based on all sorts of internal logic rules, so even if it's fast for one site (like Etsy) it doesn't mean they are not slowing another.

If you are talking to the Shopify Support team be sure to mention the ISP you're using as it likely helps for internal tracking. However, if this does fall on Optus side there will be little the Shopify team can do.

If you have access to another ISP - try it. If the speed issue vanishes that's a great quick test to localise the issue.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Matkai
Tourist
12 0 3

Also in Australia,and with Optus.  Support just called me back and said they are still trying to rectify the problem,  She assured me that it had nothing to do with the cables that are damaged, because if it does it may take up to 6 weeks to rectify.  Was told they have fixed part but still have more to go, it is a browser issue.  Not sure if we have any comeback for loss of business with Optus, because I have lost a entire weeks business due to not being able to upload my stock on Friday when my customers expect it.  Would appreciate it if anyone else gets a different version of the story from Optus that they post it here.

0 Likes
Jenny_I
4 0 0

I am also having the exact same troubles as everyone else is describing. 
Also with OPTUS.
Has anyone been able to fix this issue, highly frustrating.. 

0 Likes