Store Closed Without Notice

Highlighted
1 0 0

Without ANY notice or ANY reason explained to us, we received the Termination of your Shopify Account.

"We are writing because Shopify has received an Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) report regarding your Shopify store, hgrpackaging.myshopify.com. We have reviewed your account and determined that it is in violation of Shopify's AUP. As a result, we are no longer able to host your store, hgrpackaging.myshopify.com, on our platform.

At this time, public access to your storefront has been disabled. You will continue to have access to your admin for one week if you wish to export your store data. On December 16, 2019, your account will be permanently closed and you will have no further access to your store or its data."

I have emailed them to try to figure out WHY they took our site down, to no avail. I NEED SUPPORT. We are a valid packaging company that has invested tens of thousands in SEO, PPC and User Experience optimization, only to lose it without an explanation. This is NOT FAIR. I have managed many sites on BigCommerce, Shopify, Shopify Plus, Woo Commerce, Volusion and Magento, I have NEVER received the lack of customer service or support that I have with Shopify. 

All I ask for is an explanation of what rule did we violate and an opportunity to rectify the problem. 

PLEASE HELP!

0 Likes

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that. If you have emailed Shopify, they will respond shortly. However, I'd also recommend calling their support - you mentioned you are Shopify Plus member - and hopping on the chat to explain it. It will give you much better answers, as you will get the response from the team with full access to your account. Hope it helps, 

✅ Get FREE website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 36 77

Hi there @HGR-Packaging!

Don here from Shopify. 

Thanks for sharing your concerns here on our Community forums.

While we can't discuss accounts publicly at all here if you have already replied to that email from us the relevant team will be able to see your reply there and will reply in due course.

You can direct any questions you have about this as a reply to that email and the team in question will share any information they can.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
50 0 7

Hey @Don ,

I'm just curious about something...over the last week or so, I've noticed a significant drop in my app subscribers. What's interesting about it is that they're closed stored instead of uninstalls. A lot of them are frozen shops, but many are just closed. I'm just shocked at how many there are in just 7+ days. It's like they're all run by the same person/company or something.

Does that sounds odd to you? Or is this all part of the normal post-Black Friday "ebb and flow"?

Cheers,

Kris

0 Likes