Store Credit

Tourist
6 0 1

I want to give my customers the option to receive store credit instead of a refund when they return an item. The store credit should go directly into their accounts and act as a store credit. Can this be done? My website requires you to make an account before a purchase so they will all have accounts linked to their email. Does Shopify allow you to do this or would I need to hire a developer? 

0 Likes

Hi Djb, 

Well you can use an app to do so, try looking at https://apps.shopify.com/rewardify that does exactly what you are wanting to do. 

So with this app instead of actual refunds you would be able to provide store credits which could be redeemed with future purchases from the same customer both online as well as physical shop (this app integrates with Shopify POS as well) 

I would recommend you review the app, install it and use it for free for 14 days, for more information I would recommend that you touch base with the app developers. 

thanks 

Ragib

Ragib Hussain
President | Primary Software Corp. | www.primarysoftware.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
10 1 0

Hi @djb6301

Lara here from Shopify!

From what I understand, you would like to give store credits to your customers. That is a lovely idea! However, there's no functionality yet on the store admin in giving store credits to customers, but I understand how having this feature available is important, and I'm sending your feedback along to our responsible team.

If you are on a Shopify Plan or higher, what I can suggest for you is issuing a free gift card to them on the amount of the refund. You can check our guide about issuing gift cards here. If you're not on a Shopify Plan or higher, you can definitely use apps such as Rewardify, Rise Ai or Fresh Credit to help you issue store credit to your customers.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you find the options above not suiting on what you want to achieve.

All the best! Lara.

Lara | Equipe Shopify @ Shopify
 -
Minha resposta foi útil? Selecione Curtir para me avisar! 
 - Sua pergunta foi respondida? Selecione Aceitar como solução 

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi 

Actually, there is a simple way to issue store credit on Shopify - you can us rise.ai.

Rise enables you to issue store credit directly to customers while segmentizing the reason for the analytics to keep a better accounting track.

For repeat customers, you will also be able to accumulate it directly to their account, creating a seamless experience that they don't even need to remember the code in.

Hope it helps :)

0 Likes

0 Likes