Store Name Taken

Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2570 337 524

@lucyscabin 

You can update the store name in Settings/General - What you place there is what your theme pulls from, so once it is updated, you should see the new name reflected in the footer of your website. 

19-53-39871-55707

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

lucyscabin
Tourist
4 0 1

Awesome, thanks for all your help!

Luv-luzt
1 0 0

Peter so I need help, my website name when you put it on the search bar it goes to a different place ? Im confused ive been using this for almost a yr now! 

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2570 337 524

@Luv-luzt 

Do you have the domain added to your Shopify admin in Online Store/Domains? If yes, did you purchase the domain through Shopify or did you purchase it from a third party?

I suspect that either the domain is being spelt incorrectly, or the renewal may have lapsed and may be leading to a placeholder site until it is either renewed or purchased once the renewal period ends. In either case, we'll want to take a look at the account to determine why it is happening. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

0 Likes
Mathias16
1 0 0

Hi

I also tried to make a store but it says that the store name is already taken. When I try to buy a store and search for the name I can't find it? I really like this name and I've got a URL for the domain, so is it somehow possible to get the name?

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2570 337 524

@Mathias16 

If the ".myshopify.com" URL has previously been claimed, it can not be used by any other store, even if the store is inactive. You will need to create a store using a similar name such as "domain123" to create your store and receive your free ".myshopify.com" URL. If you own the custom domain you wish to use for your business then you can add this domain once the store is created. Once added, this will replace the domain that is seen publicly when customers view your website.

0 Likes
SimplifiedShop
Excursionist
19 0 5

I made a YouTube video here describing some workarounds if your store name is taken and what Trevor has also detailed through - hope it may help!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egAg5IVovNk

0 Likes