Store Speed

Rivers
Tourist
5 0 0

Hello, would someone give me some pointers? My store speed at https://swaggahousefitness.com is pretty low per Shopify’s speed score calculator. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
865 60 252

Hi, @Rivers

This is Rae from Shopify.

Thanks for reaching out about this! I'm happy to help suggest some ways to improve the speed on your site. 

To clarify, did you use our online store speed report to determine your site's performance? If so, I suggest reviewing these factors you can control and following the recommendations outlined to help improve your store's speed. In particular, factors like apps, the theme you're using, and images and videos can cause your site to slow down, so focusing on these items is a great place to start. 

Once you've completed those changes, if you're still noticing some store speed issues, using these troubleshooting tools can help further diagnose any loading problems. 

It's also important to mention that there are some factors you can't control when it comes to store speed. This includes your customer's device, network, and location, and also includes Shopify's infrastructure. We've shared more information on this here. However, it sounds like you've already looked into our online store speed report, and determined the issues are consistently happening, so it's most likely that the speed issues on your site are tied to the factors you can control

In the meantime though, I did want to mention that I pulled your site up on my end, and it loaded quite quickly for me - which is a great sign! With this in mind, did you already make some changes to your site in an effort to improve the speed? If so, I'd love to hear more about what you adjusted, and how the site is loading on your end now, too. 

I hope to hear back from you about this soon! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Edward-Newgate
Navigator
446 18 39

Hi @Rivers 

I've checked your store's speed with Google PageSpeed Insights, It's quite good on computer devices with a score of 77/100, but not good on mobile devices. 

Screenshot (58).png

There are many factors that impact your store's speed so I'd like to recommend you have a look at these guides below:

Hope it helps!

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
JohnCodes
Shopify Partner
78 6 41

Hi @Rivers 

I just ran your homepage through the Shopify Analyzer (free tool we built for the Shopify community) and you're scoring a 92/100. That's awesome!

You can view your full report at https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/fxmeax87i1. You could benefit from some improved lazy loading, but it doesn't look like any major optimization issues exist on the page.

I'm not sure what your current Shopify Speed Score is, but it's worth noting that based on all the sites we work on, the average score we come across is between 15-30. Another thing you should take into consideration is that Shopify's Speed Score is based on Google's Lighthouse engine.

These tools take many other factors into consideration, beyond page speed, to calculate your score. So your website could actually be performing very well, but still have a low score. We have an article that goes into more detail if you'd like to learn more: Shopify Speed Tool Analysis + How to Make Your Site Faster.

I hope this was helpful!

Developer at SpeedBoostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Try out our Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
Check out Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, and more automation)
More Apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing tool), Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid)
Rivers
Tourist
5 0 0

Thank you, according to Shopify my store speed was under 30 and that worries me. I browsed my store on multiple devices and seemed pretty fast. Thank you for the reassurance! 

0 Likes