Store Stalkers

Solved
Shopify Partner
1663 50 174

Nothing to do with you,  or even me, I posted to help new merchants avoid an echo chamber of misconceptions, they may come across this and not be able to identify the misguidance from their lack of business education , or ignorance of competitive analysis as an industry.

New merchants should leverage competitive analysis to their advantage , don't waste time resenting it's existence due to not understanding how the internet works fundamentally, or from misconceptions about website access, internet consent, privacy, data gathering vs scraping, traffic abuse, or copyright,etc.

If you can get an all encompassing report on your business for X dollars then consider getting it, reviewing it, analyzing it ,leveraging it , then handing it over to a lawyer and let them evaluate right|wrong.

If you have a legitimate problem with data breaches, or need to obfuscate your data either A) consult a lawyer or B) hire a technical developer to help you understand.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
1 Like
Excursionist
11 1 15

Beware and Careful

#Leeches #StoreStalkers #CommunityStalkers will go through extreme measures to get your business to get paid by you, or get paid from all your hard work.

Whatever anyone is tells you Always request & search for PROOF!

Stalker Definition: 

• a person who harasses or persecutes someone with unwanted and obsessive attention
  • a person who hunts game stealthily
  • someone who follows, contacts forces their presence upon a person

In addition to taking action to protect your hard work that YOU invest in your Shopify store; here is a video on How To Hide Your Bestselling Shopify Dropshipping Products   from a Shopify Expert name Ebenezer Frimpong

He is #TheTruth He shows you a lot of Great Shopify #SellingTechniques and provides a lot of valuable information and SHOW you how to execute it!

Stay Passionate about your Shopify Store it may not be easy but You Can Do It!

#Exempt
#Reset
#PowerOn

Rhani

1 Like
Shopify Partner
1663 50 174

Video is giving flawed information about obfuscation leading to actions that give a false sense of comfort.

Just because the visual display looks a certain way does not mean data is not accessible programmatically, such as a collection sorted by best selling in the admin collections/all/products.json

Yes using the value of  ?sort_by= parameter a store can choose to display a different sorting.

Which also means the example store in the video may already be doing it, so the all collection in the example could already be purposefully resorted but the best-selling isn't leading to a false conclusion.

Definitely don't do something like "HA you tried it", always choose to serve purposeful consumer content.

Don't alienate savvy customers while trying to stop tools that don't rely on the visual display or your perception of how technology works.

1 Like
Excursionist
11 1 15

@PaulNewton 

I am going to have to ask you to refrain from leaving comments. You clearly are harassing any and everything I post in an effort deter those who may want help or need help from #StoreStalkers and never mentioned once that you were having the same issue because you did not actually come to help. You automatically to a defense about users unwanted traffic from pexgle.

You at 1st took everyone's comment and re-posted them with your POV to correct them as if they were wrong about how they feel not wanting any #StoreStalkers trolling their store they Pay and Hard Work for. You have NO IDEA what other merchants invest or already know about their own store. I had a bothersome issue and decided to share it, just so happens that others were experiencing the same and decided to come and work together for a resolution.

You seemed to take an offence of the topic I wrote about  as if you were either someone who;

• utilizes the kind of service pexgle offers
  • works for them
  • or have a business that does the same.

Whatever it maybe I have a right to not want #StoreStalkers trolling my store. Every help tool I posted has worked for me and I shared for others to use. You 1st offered an alternative in to how to look at the issue but was not to resolve it and I still Thanked You for your input.

Now you are just posting Propaganda in an effort to discourage others from feeling they have a RIGHT to eliminate #StoreStalkers from vacuuming their store for the work they put in it. You are HARASSING, ATTACKING, STALKING, and BULLYING and not 1 person here liked or asked for your help!

#Rebuke
#Reset
#PowerOn

Rhani

2 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
1663 50 174

@Rhani wrote:

Whatever it maybe I have a right to not want #StoreStalkers trolling my store.

If your store is being abused you should either report it to support@shopify.com or contact a lawyer. 

No one has said feelings dont matter or that there are no rights, using hysteric rhetoric when someone explains technology doesn't solve problems but it is a good way to get a bad rep.

Part of being in a forum, or any community,  is recognizing when flawed information has been corrected and accepting it.

2 Likes
Excursionist
11 1 15

@PaulNewton 

AGAIN!.. I am going to have to ask you to refrain from leaving comments. You clearly are harassing any and everything I post in an effort deter those who may want help or need help from #StoreStalkers and never mentioned once that you were having the same issue because you did not actually come to help. You automatically to a defense about users unwanted traffic from pexgle.

You at 1st took everyone's comment and re-posted them with your POV to correct them as if they were wrong about how they feel not wanting any #StoreStalkers trolling their store they Pay and Hard Work for. You have NO IDEA what other merchants invest or already know about their own store. I had a bothersome issue and decided to share it, just so happens that others were experiencing the same and decided to come and work together for a resolution.

You seemed to take an offence of the topic I wrote about  as if you were either someone who;

• utilizes the kind of service pexgle offers
  • works for them
  • or have a business that does the same.

Whatever it maybe I have a right to not want #StoreStalkers trolling my store. Every help tool I posted has worked for me and I shared for others to use. You 1st offered an alternative in to how to look at the issue but was not to resolve it and I still Thanked You for your input.

Now you are just posting Propaganda in an effort to discourage others from feeling they have a RIGHT to eliminate #StoreStalkers from vacuuming their store for the work they put in it. You are HARASSING, ATTACKING, STALKING, and BULLYING and not 1 person here liked or asked for your help!

#Rebuke
#Reset
#PowerOn

Rhani

1 Like
Community Manager
Community Manager
2417 163 357

Hi everyone, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Thanks for all your input on this discussion, please avoid any personal attacks on Community members as per the Community guidelines here

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Success.

Tourist
5 1 4

Rhani,

I agree completely with you. I won't be sitting back and letting some tell me how to run or protect my business. I hope if any new or less experienced shopify business owners find this thread, they heed the warnings and protect their shops.  

I found the information you posted very helpful. Should you find other avenues please share on this thread.  Here was a quick and painless task that has made a difference with my website. I went and registered on Builtwith, then requested my business to be removed. They were courteous and quickly took it down.   

So much for the echo chamber of misinformation coming from us, there are things that can be done. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 1 15

@Jamie10 

✨THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for SHARING YOUR RESOLUTION!!.. ✨ I am SO VERY GLAD 🤸‍♀️ that you were able to resolve your issue with builtwith.🏆

I also commend you for taking charge and moving to #StandUp💪 for Your Store You Pay For and Work Hard to Progress; It's your RIGHT! 🤛 Retail is a VERY competitive industry especially within the Shopify Platform. As a consumer I do not want to shop online and see the same thing every where I choose to shop and I get excited when I see a store with it's own sense of #Uniqueness. As a store owner I started off from that mind set, wanting to give shoppers something different.

You don't get that by being a #StoreStalker, When you work to build your brand with lots of flavor you always have to work to keep it strong against those attempting to dilute and water it down. There are so many things we as people can touch base on and create a store from where we don't have to be #StoreStalkers vacuuming for products, copying others ideas and intruding their hard work.

I work so hard to reflect my vision and make an impression upon my customers to make their shopping experience one they will remember; with products and customer service alike,  and no one knows my sacrifice. There is a lack of Etiquette in Business today and it is beginning to be accepted because there are a lot of jobs and businesses that can be done remotely so if you choose to do wrong you can hide behind the computer. 

What people are forgetting is that there are a LOT of disabled Veterans, Civilians, & Senior individuals investing dime & nickle into making something out of nothing on this SPECTACULAR platform Shopify provides where we need to learn to be more mindful of one another.

@Jamie10  Keep #Bossing your business because at the end of the day no one knows your sacrifice or situation; and  those adding 2cents are not investing a dime in the progress & profit of your success. The final decision is always yours and you not no one else have to manage the outcome of your decisions when all is said and done. 

As you said, I also hope our shared experiences helps someone else positively resolve their issue.

Thank You Again @Jamie10 💐

#UnitedWeStand

#Reset

#PowerOn

Rhani

0 Likes

Success.

1 1 7

I'd like to add a nifty little solution which you can add to the header of your site in theme.liqud 

<script> 
var block = ['www.plexgle.com', 'https://www.pexgle.com',];
for (var b = block.length; b--;) {
if (document.referrer.match(block[b]))
window.location = "https://www.google.com";
}
</script>

This will re-direct any referral traffic from Plexgle.com to google.com ( feel free to replace Google with an offensive website of your choice )

7 Likes