Store Stalkers

Solved
Highlighted
6 0 0
True, they stop staking me, apparently, but I get daily visits from certain towns in TX like Paducah, population 2,000... really?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 1 3

Hi folks, Message them via Facebook messenger. I have had 0 traffic from them since they added my site to the list, it took less than 5 mins from the time of messaging them to the point they replied and added me to the protected list.  Kind Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0
Thank you for all the info everyone. I’ve just fb massaged them as well. Hopefully it’ll stop all the pexgle traffic.
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

They're back. The email request prevented their traffic for about 3 weeks. Now they are claiming that any traffic I see from them is because "there is(are) still other domain(s) direct to your store that have not been protected yet." Which I believe is a load of __. I doubt I have a bunch of other shopify domains directing traffic to my store. In fact, I have never seen any traffic coming from another shopify domain. So, now they are just flat out lying.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

We had the same issue recently. I simply sent an email to Pexgle requesting that I be added to their protected list. They replied within 24 hours and I've had no further issues.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Could someone please explain the reason I am seeing pexgle.com as a top referrer each day, what exactly are they doing on the store ? Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2
I feel the likelyhood of you actually running a successful business is low. Yes people should be able to use a partys service with some measure of privacy. If your attitude is shopifys attitude i am surprise it still exists
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 4

Pexgle continues to violate my privacy and fourth amendment rights.  Their promise of removing my shop from their spy list lasted only two months.  Will Shopify do something about this already?  It is an unbelievable form of neglect to allow this spyware to access and intrude into our sites.  I am thinking about moving my website to another platform over this, as this situation with Pexgle is unacceptable.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2
My last message was in reply to Paul Newton btw, who seemed to continually pass off this shady business as normal, when clearly there is some sort of back door into shopify that sites like pexgle are using /bring provided.
1 Like
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3039 227 495

Hi all, 

Shopify is not affiliated with Pexgle.

Pexgle uses publicly-available information to build reports. This is an unfortunate side effect of the internet, and public-facing data - if it's online and accessible, anyone can scrape details automatically, or manually if desired. 

Per suggestions from others in the topic if you do not want Pexgle to scrape your website you will need to reach out to them via email, or using Facebook messenger.  To contact Pexgle via email or Facebook Messenger, click here.

To prevent further speculation I am going to be locking this topic so this reply which provides guidance is easier to spot should anyone find this topic using a search engine for example.

If you have a new concern related to Pexgle consider creating a new topic, providing as much detail as possible so the community can assist.

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes