Store Stalkers

Solved
Excursionist
11 1 15

Greetings @Mangoman

THANK YOU SO MUCH for providing us with this Wonderful Code Resolution. It will also help with URL Backlinking that dilutes your SEO Score. This is most helpful and I am Gracious of your Donation. I Wish You Blessings & Prosperity in all your Endeavors.

Best Regards,

#Uplift
#BeThankful

#Reset

#PowerOn

Rhani

1 Like
Tourist
9 0 2

Hello Rhani,

thank you  and the other users very much for the contribution regarding this stalkers.

I totally share your opinion.

As far as I understood there are three solutions explained:

• contacting pexgle and ask them to remove your domain from their database
  • register on builtwith and request to delete the domain from their database
  • the script snippet to redirect the stalkers coming from pexgle

Could you please give a quick update whether this actions helped to?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards

0 Likes
Tourist
5 1 3

Hi there, i have been getting the same traffic from pexgle. I have added the code first to see if that alone works. I will update this thread with the results thank you.

1 Like
Excursionist
11 1 15

Greetings @Pythonic @CollectableCorn 

Happy Holidays to you both and Thank You for your inquiries.🤶🎄🎅

I haven't tried the code because I don't have any issues with pexgle any longer. Your local chap @Mangoman posted the code and may have more tips on the function and productivity.

With the Pexgle issue I found emailing them resolves the issues. here is an outline you're more than welcome to use and make your own if you like. I kept my email simple and professional, asking questions that I did not know about the company, the information they obtained and what they were doing with it. For example:

If someone from [THE COMPANY.COM] can explain to me: 

1. Why is [THE COMPANY.COM] directing regular traffic to [YOUR DOMAIN] without my consent?
  2. What information has [THE COMPANY.COM] obtained from [YOUR DOMAIN] without my consent?
  3. How is [THE COMPANY.COM] obtaining information from [YOUR DOMAIN] without my consent?
  4. How is [THE COMPANY.COM] using information it's obtained from [YOUR DOMAIN] without my consent?

Some other information I found that was helpful.

One of the Shopify Gurus gave me these Resolutions to try as well.

I hope this information is pertinent to helping to resolve issues with unwanted intruders!

#StayConnect

#PowerOn

Rhani

2 Likes
Tourist
5 1 3

Hi there, So far, so good, with the code. it appears to have worked. It is the quickest and simplest way of solving the pex issue. Kind Regards and thank you for the helpful posters. 

1 Like
2 0 0

Thanks to everyone providing feedback on this, my store has been hit by this site quite aggressively over the past few weeks unfortunately. I added the code a few days ago, however I can see that it didn't work as I had 12 visits from Pexgle yesterday. Next step is I've reached out to the website and have asked them to remove my domain, hopefully that will work.

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 2

I also added the code snippet and also reached out to support@pexgle.com using Rhanis mail template.

Unfortunately I am still experiencing referral from pexgle 🤔.

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 0

I just started having the same issue as well! Noticed that i've been getting alot of traffic from that site and it is very frustrating :( 

I have emailed the company today - still awaiting a response. 

0 Likes

Success.

Tourist
5 1 3
Code. It worked for a day or two but then the traffic started coming back.
I messaged them on their facebook page. They replied very quickly and said
they made an excuse as to why it was happening and added my domian to their
protected list. I have had no traffic from them since.
1 Like
Tourist
9 0 0

Having the same problem with pexgle.com all the sudden - I now added a .htaccess block domain rule, will see if that works - you can go to your webhosting service and add blocked IP ranges and domains via htaccess.

If that won't work I will test that code snippet posted earlier on here.

0 Likes