Store closure

4 0 0

I was planning to run a Shopify Store three to four months ago, quit after two weeks, closed the store, and today, I was charged $9.00. Thus, I went to my Shopify store settings and closed the shop. Therefore, in the next three months, I will be charged $9.00, again. I am sending this email to know how to re-open my shop and disconnect my payment method, or a way to disconnect my payment method without even needing to open my shop. The ultimate goal is not to be associated with Shopify.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
761 56 179

Hey, @Jaehoon!

Julie here from Shopify Support. I'm happy to help you sort this out! 

Closing your store is done by heading over to Settings > Plans and permissions. There, you'll see that you have the option to either Pause or Close your store. In this case, it sounds like you may have selected the Pause option instead of closing it, which will change your monthly subscription to the Pause and Build plan.

The Pause and Build plan is $9 USD per month and allows you to access your Shopify admin and edit your products when you need to, with your checkout being disabled. This means that customers can see your products, but they can't purchase them until you choose one of our standard monthly plans. Based on the fact that you were charged $9, it sounds like this is the plan you're currently on.

A bit more information will help me determine if this is the case! Can you please confirm whether you are able to login? If not, are you being prompted to select a plan? Also, are you able to access your storefront?

Because the Pause and Build plan still allows you to have an active website, you should be able to access your storefront. If you aren't able to access your storefront, then there's a good chance that the account is either frozen or you have transitioned to the full Pause plan; both options have no monthly cost and do not provide access to your storefront or admin. However, the Pause plan is only available for three months, after which point you will be automatically transitioned to the Pause and Build plan. I'd really like to ensure that you don't receive any further charges, so if you can respond here and let me know what happens when you try accessing your admin and storefront, that would be super helpful. 

That being said, I'm sorry to see you go! Is there a particular reason why you've decided to close your store? If you've hit any roadblocks, I'd love to help you overcome them so you can continue launching your business.

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes