Store disconnected from Facebook and IG

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi, both of my stores got disconnected from Facebook and Instagram, did that happen to anyone else? What could be the reason as I haven't changed anything on Facebook either?

2020-01-23 21_10_48-Snipping Tool.png

I already connected both again without issues.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
32 2 6

Hi, @lucasconde!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify.

I'm glad to hear you've been able to reconnect the channels without further issue.

There are a couple of reasons the channels might be disconnecting.

1. Are your products within Facebook and Instagrams guidelines?

• There is a great help doc on Facebook that walks you through the requirements for products listed on both channels. You can find that here.
  2. Are you an admin for the Facebook Page?

• Make sure the personal Facebook account connected is an admin for the page as that is one of the requirements of connecting.

We have a great help doc that walks you through each step of setting up the Facebook Channel.

If you continue to see the channels disconnected, be sure to reach out to us so we can help troubleshoot further.

Have a great day!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi Miles.

None of those two options stated by you fits in my case.

I have my stores connected to Facebook/IG for at least a couple of months and they are totally different niches. I haven't made any changes that could also impact the guidelines.

The only different thing I did yesterday was to pause a third store I have in Shopify and add a password to the page, other than that I haven't touched anything.

0 Likes