Store domain

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi I have a store under domain www.sociedadlocal.com and bought another domain or subdomain with different name. My intention is or was to have the sub domain direct shoppers to a specific section/collection of my Store is that posible? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
859 57 141

Hi, @Jbrene 

It's not currently possible to redirect a sub domain to a certain section of your store. 

What you can do, is set up a redirect for a domain subdirectory.

For example: www.sociedadlocal.com/ShopNow can be redirected to a certain page or section; however, shopnow.sociedadlocal.com cannot. 

Let me know if this helps! 

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0

Ok. I acquired the subdomain through my original Shopify account. And the subdomain directs traffic to my shops homepage which has its own domain. 

if for example I were to use subdomain.net/whatevercollection will it direct traffic directly to that collection or will it still drive it to my original shops homepage. 

I have a separate trademark I want to sell hence the second domain. To do this do I have to set up to separate accounts in Shopify and just transfer the domain to the other. I thought I could open more than one store line through you guys since there’s an opt to by more than one domain. Now it seems useless and money not well spent.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Meaning I can’t open another store under this account for the 2nd domain? I would have to purchase a new account and transfer the domain? 

and since I can’t  route the 2nd domain to a specific collection on my shop just the homepage or section by just using that domain. Are those the options I have at hand?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
859 57 141

Hi, @Jbrene 

You can set up URL redirects for yourdomainname.com/specificcollectionname so the domain you have for your specific trademarked products points directly to that collection. 

For a visual reference, this is how you would need to set it up: 

Both of your domains will need to be added to your shop under Online store > Domains, which means that your domain purchased specifically for your trademarked products will, in fact, point to your homepage; however, if you set up a URL redirect like I explained above, you can market this specific collection with that specific URL and your customers will land on that collection directly. 

If you wish to have separate stores with separate domains, you will need two separate accounts and two Shopify subscriptions. 

Hope this helps clear things up!

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes