Store frozen, doesn't accept cards to clear dues

Highlighted
3 0 0

Trying to unfreeze my store by clearing my dues. It's only been 2 days when it was frozen and now I just cannot unfreeze it.

As per their support, I have tried different credit cards even debit cards. I have contacted the issuing banks and they have told me there's no block or problem from their side.

Every time I try and pay the dues, the page just debits 1 USD from my cards (yes, it debits 1 USD from all cards) and refreshes the page without paying the whole thing. Support is just asking me to contact the bank and I am sure there's no issue at the bank's side because the 1USD amount is being debited without a problem but the rest of the amount isn't.

I have more than enough credit/limit/balance on my card and in the past I have used one of these cards to pay SMSbump as well on my shopify store.

Can someone help?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
707 37 100

Hey, @techjumper 

Not being able to pay your invoice sounds like a frustrating situation to be in and I'm sorry that it's been a bit of back and forth between contacting our support, and your bank. In most cases, the subscription would need to be paid via a valid credit card issued by a bank with a line of credit. This means that debit cards with credit card capabilities aren't supported and may not process the transaction. 

When adding a card, our systems will process a test charge of $1 USD, however; this is immediately returned to the card. That said, if we have an issue charging the card, we have a pretty limited view into what the problem is as we can only go off of what error the bank sends back to us. I can't say for sure where the issue lies with your account without looking into. For this, I've sent you an email follow up so I can provide further assistance in getting this resolved. 

If you can reply to my email with the requested information, then we can get the ball rolling! 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes