Store frozen

Solved
anssiis
2 0 0

if my store is frozen for not paying the bills. i have a plan for 3 years, but i have only had shopify for a month. i wondered if u can change the billing plan even if my store is frozen?

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
974 111 150

Hi, @anssiis. Welcome to the Community. Thanks for reaching out!

Just to clarify so that I fully understand what you are asking, it sounds like you chose the triennial plan while you were on the 14-day free trial. But when the trial ended, your payment for the triennial plan didn’t go through, and so your store became frozen. Now you are wondering if it’s possible to switch from a triennial plan to a monthly plan instead, so that you are able to reactivate your account. Is that correct?

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
anssiis
2 0 0
Yes that is What i asked for!
0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
974 111 150

This is an accepted solution.

Great, thanks for confirming. Yes, we can help you with this! In order to do so, we’ll need to access your account. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our contact page, and log in to your account to create a support request.

However, in order to save some time and help the Support Advisor you speak with to pick up from where you and I have left off, I am going to provide you with a summary of the issue as I understand it. You can share this summary at the beginning of your conversation with the agent to bring you both up to speed and help to get your answers as quickly as possible:

“My trial has expired. I chose the triennial plan, however payment for it failed when my trial ended so 
my store is now frozen. I would like to downgrade my plan from triennial to monthly, so that I can reactivate
my store.”

Since this is the next step, I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

0 Likes
Chocolate12
2 0 0

@Helen Hello Good Afternoon I was wondering after my 14-day trial was over and I was trying to re-open my store to choose another plan but when I went to my store it had said resume plan but when I went to resume plan it said to contact support so what does that mean but when I had talked to support they had told me to talk to the bank about the payment. Thank you if you could help me.

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
974 111 150

Good afternoon, @Chocolate12. Thanks for reaching out about this; I’m happy to help!

It sounds to me like the payment required to reactivate your store, was unable to be collected. Which method of payment were you wanting to use? If it’s a credit card, then please follow the advice of the Support Advisor you spoke with, and contact your bank to check that your card fits these requirements:

• Must be a Visa, Mastercard or Amex
  • Must have appropriate funds available
  • Must be a post paid credit card (pre-paid cards are not supported)
  • If it is a cobranded credit/debit card, it must be cobranded with Visa, Mastercard or Amex
  • Must be capable of accepting charges in USD
  • Must be capable of making online purchases
  • Must be capable of accepting recurring billing
  • Must not have a restriction on how much the bank will allow to be processed at once
  • Billing address and details are entered the same as what their bank has on file

Once the card you are trying to add as a payment method fits these criteria, you should be able to reactivate your store. However, if you continue to have issues and the bank has confirmed all requirements are fulfilled then I recommend trying another card or payment method. All accepted forms of payment are found in this Help Doc

Let me know if this helps!

0 Likes