Store frozen

Highlighted
Tourist
19 0 3

If my store is frozen does that means i wont be no longer be billed until i re-update my credit card info? I am planning to stop with dropshiping for few months and then get back in again, i just want to know if in current frozen state of store i wont be billed anything. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 80

Hi, Jac.

This is Max from the Shopify Team. 

If your store is marked as Frozen, it is for all intents and purposes Closed. This means new invoices will not be created or charged to your card on file, and you would no longer be able to log into the admin of your account without choosing a plan and paying for it.

If you have any outstanding charges from external sources like apps or third party integrations, those might still be billed externally, so, definitely review that directly.

If you're unsure of your account status or standing, please email support@shopify.com from the address associated with your account. This way we can review the details and authenticate your account. The same would be good to do if you are receiving unexpected charges!

Let us know if you have any further questions, or need some help getting back to dropshipping later on.

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
1 0 0
My store was recently frozen, how do I update my credit card information to pay for the outstanding bill to restore my account?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
692 73 109

Hi, @CheyAlek!

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Great question!

To reactivate a frozen account, all you have to do is login as usual. Follow the prompts to choose a plan or pay the outstanding balance, and you will then be given the option to update your billing information.

Let me know if you encounter any difficulties with this. I’m here to help!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Dear Shopify community,

My client forgot to renew his bill of his website which is not online yet. He received an email from Shopify with a blue button Go to bill to Pay. But when we click on, we cant sign-up anymore. How to update our billing information and to pay the bill with another way?

Many many thanks for your help.

Best

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
692 73 109

Hi, @LaetitiaU

I'm here to help!

Did your client forget to renew after their 14-day free trial? Or had they chosen a plan already, and the payment didn’t go through? 

Could you tell me more about what happens when your client clicks on the “go to bill to pay” option? Do they receive an error message once that button is clicked that indicates that they can no longer sign-up?

You can also get them to try logging into their account as usual, following the steps in my previous post in this thread. After choosing a plan they will have the option to update their billing method. 

Let me know how it goes!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
So two questions
1. What about the apps that charge fees within shopify monthly bill? Will they still add their next monthly bill amount the next months if the account is frozen?

2. Is it better to not pay and wait until run the website again or pay the bill and pause it? What about who those who don’t have time right now and plan to run it later?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
692 73 109

Hi, @azezmutairi

Thanks for your questions. 

1)   Frozen accounts become that way due to non payment. Therefore, the app charge within the current billing cycle will still be owed on the account, however charges will not continue to incur while the account is frozen.

2)   The outstanding invoice will need to be paid either way, therefore I definitely recommend paying it now, and then properly pausing your account. This is my suggestion because depending on when you reactivate your account, you can potentially avoid having to pay the owed amount, plus the current month’s subscription and app fees all at once in order to reactivate. That amount could be a larger than you were anticipating to have to pay to reactivate.

For those who don’t have time to run a store now, but would like to continue later, we currently have a paused option where you can step away from your store for up to 3 months without having to pay a fee. Learn more about this plan here. The regular paused plan, which allows you to continue to work on your store, is also still available. See here for information about this one. 

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

In support, they didn’t tell me a word about the possibility of keeping the store frozen for up to three months, moreover, they stressed that if you keep the store frozen for more than one month, then they do not give any guarantees that all the contents of the site will be preserved. Several people from support told me this, I suspect at the direction of the superiors

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
692 73 109

Hey, @Мarina

Thanks for reaching out. I’m happy to offer some clarification on this.

The support person you spoke to provided the correct information, in that a Frozen store is only guaranteed to remain within the system for 1 month. A store becomes frozen if the invoice for your subscription is not paid (or if the trial period has ended and no plan was chosen). In this circumstance, it’s not always clear whether the merchant is interested in continuing their Shopify journey, and so a shorter time limit is implemented and payment of all outstanding fees would be required in order to reactivate the account.

However, it is possible to Pause your store for up to 3 months. Pausing your store indicates an intent to return to your business, and so it requires the account to be in good standing, and not have any owed invoices. 

Does that make sense? Let me know if you have any other questions, or need something clarified further.

0 Likes