Store frozen

Highlighted
Tourist
19 0 3

If my store is frozen does that means i wont be no longer be billed until i re-update my credit card info? I am planning to stop with dropshiping for few months and then get back in again, i just want to know if in current frozen state of store i wont be billed anything. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 60

Hi, Jac.

This is Max from the Shopify Team. 

If your store is marked as Frozen, it is for all intents and purposes Closed. This means new invoices will not be created or charged to your card on file, and you would no longer be able to log into the admin of your account without choosing a plan and paying for it.

If you have any outstanding charges from external sources like apps or third party integrations, those might still be billed externally, so, definitely review that directly.

If you're unsure of your account status or standing, please email support@shopify.com from the address associated with your account. This way we can review the details and authenticate your account. The same would be good to do if you are receiving unexpected charges!

Let us know if you have any further questions, or need some help getting back to dropshipping later on.

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0
My store was recently frozen, how do I update my credit card information to pay for the outstanding bill to restore my account?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
250 32 41

Hi, @CheyAlek!

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Great question!

To reactivate a frozen account, all you have to do is login as usual. Follow the prompts to choose a plan or pay the outstanding balance, and you will then be given the option to update your billing information.

Let me know if you encounter any difficulties with this. I’m here to help!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Dear Shopify community,

My client forgot to renew his bill of his website which is not online yet. He received an email from Shopify with a blue button Go to bill to Pay. But when we click on, we cant sign-up anymore. How to update our billing information and to pay the bill with another way?

Many many thanks for your help.

Best

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
250 32 41

Hi, @LaetitiaU

I'm here to help!

Did your client forget to renew after their 14-day free trial? Or had they chosen a plan already, and the payment didn’t go through? 

Could you tell me more about what happens when your client clicks on the “go to bill to pay” option? Do they receive an error message once that button is clicked that indicates that they can no longer sign-up?

You can also get them to try logging into their account as usual, following the steps in my previous post in this thread. After choosing a plan they will have the option to update their billing method. 

Let me know how it goes!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes