Store unavailable immediately after adding payment information

Highlighted
3 0 0

I believe this has happened to me in the past. If I remember correctly it is to verify that I am the card holder for the payment method I provided.

Is this something that happens often?

I spoke with a shopify representative via live chat and sent an email as well to hopefully get this solved ASAP. 

I understand there are security measures, but they would have kindly accepted the credit card if I'd purchased a domain (Speaking from past experience)

Unfortunate timing, really. I was hoping to get some work done over the weekend but now I'm being told to expect a 24-72 hour wait time to hear back from them. Is there any way to speed this process up? Does the team that handles this sort of thing work weekends?

Ticket reference:

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
514 61 83

Hey, @CWilling541!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

This can happen for a number of reasons, our banking partners will often audit stores for a variety of reasons such as requesting photo ID and/or other supporting documentation from the account owner directly, to verify their identity and confirm their business details for underwriting purposes. (Read more here)- Section B - Article 3, Verification and Underwriting.

It does need to be reviewed by our Business Operation team which can take a few working days. They aim to reply to you within 3 working days but sometimes it can be longer as they are waiting for our banking partners or other parties and have quite a large queue to get through. I assure you, they will send you an email once they have an update for you and I do apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. Keep an eye on your emails and they will be in touch as quick as they can. 

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Good Afternoon, I too am having the same situation. I just added my payment method after selecting my plan and my store was unavailable immediately after. I dont have a ticket number as I dont know where I can find it! Please help me, if this helps my store domain is Triple-Six-Apparel.myshopify.com. Thank you!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
514 61 83

Hi, @Triple6Apparel.

Thank you for joining the thread, I would love to help you out also. I will need to verify you as the account owner too so In order to do so, I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will take a closer look.

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes