Store with that name already exists

Highlighted
3 0 0

So I created my first Shopify account without doing research or thinking a full plan out. When I made my store I put in a name that I now do not want to use so I tried putting in the name that I do want to use and saved it but it has the old name I had url. I’ve tried making a new account with the store name I want but when I do it says the name has already been taken. I’ve already went into my existing account removed the name and saved it and it still doesn’t allow me to create a new account with the store name I want 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
969 80 107

Hi @Mckenzigriss,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us!

Sure thing, so my colleague Nick has created a post here which should resolve your query. If you are unable to contact our support as he's mentioned, please let me know. 

If there’s anything else I can help you with I'm happy to help! 

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello, I’ve run into another problem with my website. When I log on using a computer it doesn’t allow me access to my store and says I need to contact an administrator. I’ve started  2 different Stores but under different emails. 

when I log on using my phone it works perfectly fine

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
969 80 107

Hi @Mckenzigriss,

Thanks for reaching out! Would you be able to add a screenshot of the error you are seeing? As well, can you replicate the error with a different browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Safari? Could there be something such as anti-virus software or a chrome extension on the desktop that might be blocking the connection? 

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes