Strange Images appearing on Site

Highlighted
2 0 0

merchandise.countryeverafter.com

As of yesterday, all images on the site have reverted to a strange unknown image. All original product images are not appearing. 

Has anyone else had this issue? I've tried contacting support, but it seems as though it's next to impossible to get a hold of them. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 4.44.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-16 at 5.14.36 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
893 72 209

Looks like someone got access to your store and is trolling... update your password

I checked out your site and didn't see that image, so assuming you fixed it already.

Another key thing to check: see who has access to your store (staff + collaborators) and remove anyone that isn't necessary, and only give permissions to people as they need them.

Shopify support can also check their logs to see who (what user / app) changed the images. It looks like a security breach so I would let them know that in your support request. Their support is slow but they usually get back eventually for something as serious as a security breach.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool specifically for Shopify sites).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes