Stripe for customers and multivendor sellers

2 0 0

I'm new to Shopify and struggling to fully understand Stripe Payments so wondered if someone could please clarify.

I am about to launch a multi-vendor store with a number of sellers to sell their products (not mine).  I set up Stripe and got my sellers to connect to my account - I believe this was necessary so sellers can get paid automatically with my commission also deducted and paid to my account immediately too.

I had to set up Stripe as a payment option for customers.  I see that this comes up as an option at the checkout underneath paying via a credit card.

If customers don't select to pay via Stripe, does that impact Admin (me) and Sellers getting paid automatically?  Or are these two things unrelated?

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
911 60 166

Hey, there.

This is Dallas from Shopify's Social Care Team.

I love how you have put so much work into this and finding the best option that will work for you and your vendors. However, I think I may have a solution that is WAY easier for you.

It's called the Multi-Vendor Marketplace. This would allow you to create a store that allows for differences in the vendors, payouts, products, and much more. This app was created to help out merchants and store owners like yourself make the whole multivendor process much much easier! This way you won't have to worry about doing things manually.

Have you had a chance to look this option over? Based on your requests this is going to be the best option for you.

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi,

Sorry I wasn't clear - I do have the multi-vendor app.  That is what I am using.  It's brilliant!

I downloaded the Stripe app too in order to get the automatic payments for customers with my commission deducted at the same time.  I just wanted to check that this still works even if the customer doesn't select Stripe as their payment method.  I found Stripe a bit confusing to set up so just wanted to double check my understanding.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
911 60 166

Isn't the app great! I'm so happy that you're loving it. 

To checkout with Stripe, your customers wouldn't select Stripe, rather it would be the payment gateway attached to your online checkout. May I ask what other gateways you have attached to your store and what country you're located in?

As for the set up of stripe, I, unfortunately, am pretty limited in regards to the amount of support that I can provide for them. I am able to help with Shopify Payments, but the other gateways have their own way of setting up the back ends of accounts. In that case, you would want to reach out to the Stripe team directly in order to gather more intel on the best course of action for what you're hoping to achieve. 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 1

Did you ever figure out how this works?

I would really like to be able to accept payments without my customers being redirected to stripe (so using shopify payments) but still have those funds automatically split for payout using stripe. And if that is possible, am I paying processing fees twice?

0 Likes