Stripe not accepting payments

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey wonderful Shopify people! I'm Alex.

I've ran into an issue with Stripe and I was hoping you could help me. Mind you, I'm still a beginner in ecommerce so please forgive me if this is a bad question!

So, the issue stands like this: I've added Stripe to my Site and started running ads. Got some unique add to carts, some unique content views. Yet no sales. So I checked the checkout and, surprisingly, stripe does not work. It just says that payment could not be conducted at this time, or something like that. What do you think could be the problem? Could the fact that I am still in the trial version of shopify be an issue?

Thank you anticipated!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
963 80 107

Hi @alexlaslau,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query!

Great question! So your checkout is activated/can be used as soon as a merchant confirms a payment plan

If you have a 14-day free trial and you don't select a plan within this period, your account is still in trial mode and the store's checkout will not be available. If however, you confirm a subscription whilst on a trial, you will still receive the trial period and you won't be charged for anything until the free trial ends. You will have access to the checkout as soon as you select a plan. Could you tell me if the account is still in trial mode or have you confirmed a subscription?

Just to confirm, if you're referencing Stripe's payment gateway, I'd click the Settings > Payment providers > Stripe/manage section in your admin and make sure the gateway is not in test mode. If the gateway's not in test mode and your Shopify account is not on a trial, it would be best to contact Stripes customer service directly for more info. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can help you with, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes