Stripe registration problems

1 0 0

Hi everyone, first timer here. I'm in the final stages of setting up my store, but to activate stripe with my account I need to provide my website address, and it says 'URL returns an error'. I've tried about 7-8 different times over the last 3 days but no luck. I know I'm definitely getting the URL right. I still have the password on my website, does that affect it? Other than that I can't think of anything that would be wrong. Anybody have a solution? Cheers for any answers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
114 0 4

Hello there! 

Kassey here from the Shopify Guru Team! I would recommend trying to active Stripe without your storefront password, we have a great doc here on how you would remove the storefront password. When you want to enable your storefront password again, you can do so by following this method! If that isn't working for you, your best bet would be to either try to clear your cookies/cache on your browser or reach out to Stripe here for support on how to activate your website!

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions - be sure to reach out to Shopify support!

Kassey S
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Excursionist
38 0 6

Dear Rmills, I read your paragraph and I read the response from a Shopify Guru. I just want to recommend to you, when you have technical problems like the one you raised, always start with a Shopify Guru. They can answer most of these simple questions and you save a lot of time. My best experiences using chat, very late night. Good luck. Peter

0 Likes