Struggles with traffic, sales...Pretty much everything

Tourist
10 0 2

Hi guys!

So I've had my online store for almost a year, and I'm kind of losing my motivation. I feel like it's impossible to get any traffic to my website, and that people are actually not interested at all. I have run some Facebook campaigns with no results (people did not even take a look at the website itself).Those few visitors I had only looked at my homepage. So they probably didn't like my products... I don't know, I see t many stores out there with massive traffic (how do you guys do that for goodness' sake?)... And I feel like I can't make it. Yeah, it is true that I didn't really put that much effort nor investments into the marketing. But even those few people who stumbled upon my store did not seem very interested. Like nobody gives a shit.

My questions are: Is it actually worth to carry on with this store: www.minimalistees.com? Does it seem legit and with a potential to make sales? Do you think I just simply have to work on marketing, etc.?

And most importantly, how the hell can I bring traffic to my store without spending hundreds of dollars on FB ads which don't even seem to work? (Facebook is dying :D)

Thank you so much for your tips and advice!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
496 13 115

Hey Jakub,

This is Aria with the Social Care team at Shopify. :)

I understand. Marketing your store is definitely the hardest part. What I would do is consider how you came up with your product line. What attracted you to this particular niche? In thinking about that, it will help you determine who else is likely to be interested in this type of product. What else are they interested in?

You're aiming your products at minimalists but it's more than that. A particular type of person would be interested in this type of design. Have you established who that would be?

You mentioned you have tried Facebook Advertising. I would recommend you try out our free Kit app. Kit is like your own virtual marketing assistant. It can help you to create your Facebook ads, target them effectively and it can re-target people who have previously visited your store. 

This blog post can point you in the right direction with advertising on Facebook and how to target effectively.

The most successful stores have typically taken time to build their brand. How To Build a Brand has hints and tips on how to do that. 

Other than Facebook marketing, you have other options available to you. I would work on building your social media followers. I notice at the moment, you have 56 followers on Instagram and 31 on Facebook. Building those followers into the hundreds, then thousands will give you people you can market to on an ongoing basis. I would check out How To Build A Massive Following On Instagram and also The Beginner's Guide To Influencer Marketing on Instagram.

You've spent a lot of time on this store and overall, it is looking good. Like all businesses though, it takes time to build a following, an overnight success is rare. It may be worth joining a Facebook group of other entrepreneurs who are in a similar position. There is a lot of value in being able to give each other feedback on your stores. Shopify Newbies is a good, active group to join.

I wish you the best of luck! With work, you can make a success of this store. 

Aria 
Shopify Social Care Guru

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

3 Likes
1 0 0

I love your store, I think it's great! Don't be so upset.

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 2

I like your store as well. It has a great design and a great variaty of products. 

My advice is to start out selling to your friends and family, get them to engage in your social channels and then that will help you grow a tiny bit. Then I would start following potential customers on Instagram. I personally think Instagram is a huge channel, really worth investing.

Some things that has worked for me is contacting meme accounts, asking for shoutouts or adverts. These are not that expensive. Some only charge $60 or below for a few posts to their 250k+ followers. @fuckjerry is large for example, but there are others as well. 

I personally think it is all in the way you work. You need to engage with customers and drive traffic, and then suddenly you will have sales!

1 Like
Tourist
10 0 2

Hi!

Thank you for the wonderful responses! I'm definitely going to try the tips you suggested.

0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 2

Hi Aria,

Thank you! Your advice is great. Yeah, I should work on my social media followers and build a better awareness of my brand.

Cheers!

1 Like
Tourist
97 0 2

I second that (you a good guru..), especially re hiring a micro-influencer (or two) - that can help a LOT with word-of-mouth, from my experience.

Good luck brand and Influencer heroes! – #DearMishuDad (Influencer contract template here: http://dearmishudad.com/influencer-agreement/)
0 Likes
Highlighted
20 0 0

Try ghibli-business.com they can guide you get more sales. Good luck 

0 Likes