Solved

How can I fix a URL redirecting to Shopify instead of my website?

Eraani_Ruiz
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi guys,

I opened a store with shopify some time ago, but decided to close it later on, the problem is that the www URL is stuck on my shopify account or that is what I think, because whenever I try to visit my site using www it redirects me to shopify and when I type my URL without the www it redirects me to my website.

What can I do?

Accepted Solution (1)

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Eraani_Ruiz,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us!

Great question! Would you be able to confirm if you bought the domain from Shopify or did you buy the domain from a third-party registrar? If you bought the domain from Shopify, do you still have access to the domain panel? If you are using a third-party provider, I'd recommend logging into your domain's DNS settings and removing the CNAME entry that's pointing to shops.myshopify.com. If you check out this guide you would just need to ensure that the CNAME and A record mentioned are not listed in your current domains set up. 

Please let me know how you get on with this! 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Eraani_Ruiz,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us!

Great question! Would you be able to confirm if you bought the domain from Shopify or did you buy the domain from a third-party registrar? If you bought the domain from Shopify, do you still have access to the domain panel? If you are using a third-party provider, I'd recommend logging into your domain's DNS settings and removing the CNAME entry that's pointing to shops.myshopify.com. If you check out this guide you would just need to ensure that the CNAME and A record mentioned are not listed in your current domains set up. 

Please let me know how you get on with this! 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Eraani_Ruiz
Visitor
2 0 1

It was actually a problem with my hosting service and my DNS but thank you very much!