Submitting sitemap.xml to bing using meta tag

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 6

Has anyone successfully submitted their sitemap to Bing using meta tags.  As far as I can tell, I’ve done exactly what they asked.  When I look at the html code created on my homepage https://www.k-beauty.co.uk/ it seems to be entered correctly in the right place.  H

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
193 11 21

Hi @K-BeautyUK,

Gabe here from Shopify. That's a great question! I can fully understand the value of submitting your sitemap to a search engine like Bing.

When verifying the domain with a third party engine like Bing I like to use the Meta Tag Method. Is that what you have done? Here is a quick video walking you through where to paste the Meta Tag in your theme.liquid correctly.

If you run into trouble submitting the sitemap to Bing, that can be because the site needs to be verified first similar to when submitting the sitemap to Google. The verification normally doesn't work with other methods such as the XML method though, and therefore, we need to use the Meta Tag method.

We don't have a help doc for verifying with Bing, but here's one from Bing itself. Once you do this, the sitemap should up and running.

Hope that helps.
Gabe

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 6
Hi Gabe,

Thank you the video was useful, I tried it exactly as you said, but it still didn’t work. Think it may be my theme when I look at the source code created I can’t find the body tag that bing seems to be looking for. I gave up trying to verify with the meta tag and did it using the cname.
Really appreciate the help.
Thanks
Martina
1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
193 11 21

Hey Martina,

Always glad to help.

And yes, that could be the theme alright. In case the issue is persisting, perhaps the theme developers can help you if you send them a quick issue description.

Gabe

0 Likes