Subscribers not showing up on customer list

KLUXE
Visitor
1 0 0

I have people signing up on the subscriber list on my coming soon page but they are not showing on my customer list on shopify. Any help is highly appreciated.

Replies 17 (17)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

Hi, @KLUXE!

Olivia here from the Shopify Community team.

I appreciate you reaching out with your question. I assume you might be referring to this subscribe section on the Coming Soon page:

10-52-o3stj-92jg2

The reason I ask is this is sometimes confused with the log-in section from that same landing page. If not, then we would expect all subscriber email addresses to show up in your Shopify Admin > Customers section. Typically, the only reason they may not could be narrowed down to two issues:

A. It is not a Shopify-developed theme

It's totally okay to use themes that are not listed on our Theme Store. However, as they may not have been built specifically for the Shopify platform, this could cause some hiccups. In these cases, we aren't able to troubleshoot third-party code, however, your original Theme Developer should be able to help out. Make sure to contact the support team where you purchased your theme for further support.

B. Custom scripts have been injected into the theme

This is unlikely unless functionality was edited through an injected script (or an app), in which case you will want to revert back to an original version of your theme to pre-custom code. You can download up to 20 back-ups in your Shopify Admin > Online Store > Themes section.

This isn't to say that you can't use other themes or add custom scripts - just that there may be a command that isn't specific to one Shopify might recognize. If your issue doesn't fall into one of these two options, then I will want to take a deeper look at your store with you. Please let me know and I can send an email to you with next steps.

Welcome to Shopify Community,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Shiv31
Visitor
2 0 0

I've contacted the developer and he maintains it is working. His emails get through.

Is there another possibility?

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

Hey, @Shiv31!

Thanks for sharing your comment on this thread.

The best test to run against a possible cause is to install an unedited Shopify-developed theme from our Theme Store.

1. Install any fresh Shopify theme
  2. Sign up through your email subscriber list
  3. Refer back to Admin > Customers  to see if your email has appeared

At that point let me know if you still run into this error. If it does work on the other hand, you may have installed some apps that are interfering for your third-party theme. You can fix this by removing apps and installing a fresh copy of your theme.

I look forward to connecting,

JudyDee
Visitor
2 0 1

I'm running into this error too. I literally just started this online store, and I decided to do a test if the subscribe email works and sure enough it doesn't. I have no apps installed either. 

This happened to me before with my old store where the emails never showed up on my customer list.

What's happening and how do I fix this? Is this an internal glitch with shopify?

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

Hey, @JudyDee!

Welcome to Shopify Community and thank you for posting in this thread.

Based on earlier troubleshooting steps suggested, have you installed a fresh, unedited Shopify-developed theme? If so, can you please let me know which one so I can run some confirmatory tests.

I look forward to your reply,

jbyder
Visitor
2 0 0

I am also having this issue and to date shopify or theme developer not given me a solution. How do people normally get around this?

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

Hi, @jbyder!

Thanks for chiming into this thread. Have you gone through the previous troubleshooting steps described throughout this thread as of yet?

Any other context you can provide around what theme you are using and the timeline of when this started would also be much appreciated.

Warm regards,

Purekalon
Excursionist
40 0 8

Hello,

Im running through the same problem. My theme is boundless and it was working great after I switched over to boundless. Before I switched over I was using narrative theme and was working perfectly but with boundless it’s not updating my customers list for those who are subscribing. 

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

Thanks for joining our thread, @Purekalon.

Are you using an unedited version of Boundless? Also, are you using an apps in conjunction with your store?

Warm regards,

Shiv31
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Olivia,

I've seen the response is to ruin an unedited version of the theme, with no apps; is this required to run our sites on Shopify?

I use apps for email and sales campaigns, will this continue to be a problem? I'm a little confused because the themes and apps are all advertised by Shopify. 

Thanks for your help

Ashiviah 

Purekalon
Excursionist
40 0 8

Uhm I’m not sure, I got the boundless theme through Shopify it’s free. And I’m using an app also through Shopify it’s called smile and I integrated all my contacts to Shopify customer list but I don’t see the new customers emails. 

Purekalon
Excursionist
40 0 8

Im sorry not smile it’s POWR POPUP 

Purekalon
Excursionist
40 0 8

I found the solution !

Credit to FaveFootage

Download the sample csv file Shopify suggests to download when the error occurs, paste the emails in the sample file and then export/save as .csv file. Uploading should work fine then.

This fixed my issue ! 

I hope this helps for some, good luck 👍🏽 

Purekalon
Excursionist
40 0 8

*RaveFootage

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

Thanks for the update, @Purekalon.

In response to your question, @Shiv31, it's not required to use an unedited theme with no apps to receive consumer emails. That is just a troubleshooting step to help us find the issue that could be preventing emails from syncing.

For example, if an unedited theme is syncing email addresses correctly, but stops after an app is added, we can safely conclude that code injected by the app is causing the issue. That usually means the App Developer can step in to correct the issue going forward, and ultimately lets us know the best path forward for troubleshooting.

Let me know if that makes sense or if you have further questions.

Warm regards,

TeresainAZB
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi - This is happening to me to.  I am using the theme Avenue which I bought from the official shopify store and I am not using other scripts - just basically set up the site without messing with any code.  So what should I do?

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

Hi, @TeresainAZB!

Thanks for joining our thread. 

The Avenue theme is certainly listed on our Theme Store, however, being a paid theme it was developed by a third-party Theme Developer. 

As you have already described the theme is in it's original state with no further changes made, I recommend contacting your Theme's Developer directly for troubleshooting assistance. To help connect with them, I have also found their website for you where you can open a ticket to get support: https://www.redplugdesign.com/

I trust that will get you the solution you need.

Warm regards,