Subscription refund

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hey, im a student, i need the money back. i was just messing around with shopify, and today i got billed, i was going to cancel the subscription but it was too late, please help me out, i would like a refund, and i have already closed the store.  thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
757 48 128

Hi, @Ozayer-matubber 

We can certainly look into providing a refund for you. 

I will reach out to you directly via email so I can authenticate your account and look into the billing details. 

Talk soon! 

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Hey, I want to close my shopify store and need refund subscription fee.
Please help me. this my store domain name: sportlaza.myshopify.com. thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
757 48 128

Hi, @Ozayer-matubber 

I can access your storefront so you will need to close your account before our team will consider a refund. 

Please follow these steps here to close your account. 

Once your store is closed, you can reach out to our support to request a refund!

Alternatively, feel free to let me know when your store is closed and I will reach out to you directly. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Yes, you can access my storefront
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
757 48 128

Once you successfully close your account your storefront will no longer be visible. 

Please let me know when you've closed your account and I will reach out to you directly to consider a refund. 

Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
I already closed my store
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Good afternoon.

I am having an issue which has been totally unexpected. I opened a shop in January 2020 and then closed the shop before the trial was up. I tried to reopen the shop in March 2020, but had an outstanding balance of $29 and couldn't afford it at the time. After speaking with a rep over the phone about this, I left it alone until I was able to pay the $29. Then last week, almost 6 months later I was billed $90. I tried contacting Shopify but the number is no longer active, or the chat, and I couldn't find a support email to contact. After that, two days later I was hit with another $90 charge! I am assuming this is a subscription charge, I'm honestly not even sure. I have tried logging in so see if maybe that would make rectifying this easier. Shopify then stated that my account has been inactive for over 3 months. I have read in another response that after your account is inactive they stop trying to take funds and "freeze" your store. That has not happened in my case. I don't know whats going on, but I would appreciate some assistance with this matter. I've already cancelled my card because I couldn't get in touch with you and its been over a week since this has happened. I work as a housekeeper to bring my son with me to work so I can save on childcare. I hope you can understand that I literally need every cent I earn. The fact that this was unforeseen, and now learning about the "no refund policy" really has me in a panic. Please help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
757 48 128

Hi, @Ozayer-matubber. You should have an email from me confirming your refund. 

@Ak77, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience and I apologize that you had such a hard time connecting with our live support via chat or email. It sounds like you may have an account opened that is unknown to you. 

I have sent you an email so I can look into this for you right away. Please respond at your convenience. 

Thanks! 

0 Likes