Sudden spike in sales after running facebook ads then no sales the next day, what should I do?

Highlighted
3 0 1

After running a bunch of cheap ads to test different interests and creatives I had found a few that were getting traction. I chose to make a new cbo campaign with a $70 budget and the most popular interests + creative. In the following 4 hours I got 11 sales and a conversion rate of 2.78% (average conversion rate before was 0.60%) then the next day I had a similar amount of traffic just no sales.

What could be the cause of the spike or the drop?

The only thing I can think of is it's some sort of scam bot or someone shared my website link.

What can I do? 

My facebook ads only tracked 5 of the 10 sales.

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
96 6 24

Hi @Dakkuu 

Welcome to the Shopify community!

You did a great job on the a/b testing on the different ad creatives. Sometimes despite targeting the right audience there might always be a probability that today is just not the day for them to purchase your products. However, what you can do is, as you drive traffic to your site, set up your retargeting campaign to boost up your conversion rate and boost up sales. Retargeting campaigns allow you to re-engage and remind customer of your brand after leaving your website and offer product and productinformationthey viewed with different kinds of attractive ad creatives. In other words, the goal for a retargeting campaign is awareness and conversion. You can start by installing the Ako Retargeting app on the Shopify app store. AkoRetargetingis a cost-efficient tool that could help your business increase awareness and conversion. The app helps you get your potential customers back to your website by delivering the most relevant product information to them at the right time, right impression and right cost. Take a look at how you can set up a 14 days campaign in less than 15 minutes here:  https://medium.com/@akohubteam/how-to-create-a-sequential-retargeting-campaign-591861d257b5 

I hope this helps you! Feel free to let me know if you have any questions regarding it.

0 Likes