Suddenly there is NO ePacket option on Aliexpress or Oberlo??? Not for a single item!

Solved
MarieBlossom
Tourist
3 1 3

I've been setting up my store for the last week now and have not launched it yet, but I've successfully and easily been importing items into it with the ePacket shipping option. Now though, every time I enter the Aliexpress website (signed in, un-signed in, on a different computer, on my phone, etc. - with the oberlo extension on too) there is no option at all for anything to be shipped by ePacket! Every single item that I have in my store now shows no ePacket option available for shipment. I've made sure that the country I will be shipping to and from is specified, I have always manually selected ePacket, and I've had no trouble up until today. I don't know what the problem is and was wondering if this has happened to anyone else or if you have a solution? 

0 Likes
Modernrose
2 0 2

I just noticed this as well , no E packet option available at all. I’m not sure what I should do at this point. My whole store is nearly complete. 

gizmogirl256
Tourist
7 0 4

Watching this thread as I just noticed the same thing.  Have you heard any explanation? I'm in the same boat and now have to go rework all of my listings.

Happydays
1 0 1

Any explanations? Almost got my website done, so this is a major setback.

MarieBlossom
Tourist
3 1 3

Not as of yet

0 Likes
Modernrose
2 0 2

I emailed oberlo in regards to e- Packet not being available since that is who I use for drop shipping. Their response was 

“ It was very noticeable that since early 2020 ePacket shipping slowed down by a lot and even though it is quite unclear what caused this to happen, but the situation didn't get better as the time was going.

A lot of people switched to using mainly Aliexpress Standard Shipping which was considerably better at that time, and I believe it is to this day.

I've also checked on Aliexpress many different products and countries and I also couldn't find a single ePacket shipping option, so in conclusion it could be either some sort of a glitch from Aliexpress side or ePacket shipping option is currently removed.

Also, I've contacted Aliexpress support with this question, but there's no answer from their side yet.

For the time being I would suggest you to use the Aliexpress Standard Shipping wherever possible - this should be currently the best cost/time effective shipping method.“

gizmogirl256
Tourist
7 0 4

Well, not the answer I was hoping to hear but at least it gives us a direction.  I saw a couple articles about ePacket relying on commercial flights between China and US.  With the pandemic, those have slowed down too much to make it reliable. In the meantime, I'll just update my listings to say a 15-45 day shipping window.  Has anyone used Aliexpress Standard Shipping lately to have a better feel on the timing of deliveries to the US? Most of the articles are dated a year ago.

MarieBlossom
Tourist
3 1 3

This is an accepted solution.

From Sarah herself on Wholesale Ted, ePacket disappears every year from aliexpress around Chinese New Year because it’s not reliable! It will be back, but she said that the standard shipping is better for dropshipping anyway!

Bitcrusher003
1 0 0

can you paste a link to that video pls, keen to hear why she says its standard shipping is better for dropshipping

0 Likes
Dixie
Tourist
4 0 2

OMG! I'm so glad I found you! I've had this same issue going on 4 weeks now! I contacted Shopify and was told the standard "uninstall then reinstall Oberlo extension". I had done that before contacting Shopify. I was also told to clear out my cache and history. I did that but nothing changed. I'm still waiting for a response from Shopify to my last 2 emails that I sent 3 and 4 days ago. I was told when I signed up for this program, that the epacket got our orders through customs without being held up and that the other shipping methods could get stuck in customs. I would also like to know why Shopify support has stopped communicating with me. Even a note saying they are working on the issue would be nice. I am beginning to feel ignored.

Dixiespetworld