Support agent issues

hmpbk
4 0 0

I have had a shopify shop for just over a month now and just opened my store two days ago.  I have had two issues in as many days and reached out to support for assistance.

Unfortunately neither agent could assist with either issue.  The first issue remains pending and I was told someone would be in touch.  That remains to be seen.  The agent on this one had no idea on the issue.  He even went so far to make me feel I was inventing an issue, it wasn't really there, or I was totally wrong.  He claimed he'd "never heard of this happening" and "it wasn't even possible".  Once I showed screenshots proving myself, he might have believed me.  I attempted to ask a couple more questions since there was a concern on orders working properly.  I was told something along the lines of how he couldn't escalate the chat "until it was finished".  He mentioned a security concern as well.  He pointed out repeatedly how "busy" they were.  It seemed if there was a security concern, that would be a priority.  Not so much.

Then on day two I had an issue with a payment.  I reached out for help and the person this time had no idea whatsoever so guesses were made based on personal experiences.  I was told at one point I was "entitled to my opinion".  The agent was very snarky and rude to me.  I requested a call back and was given elaborate instructions on how to request on which were all incorrect.  In fact as of this moment I haven't found a way to call shopify and request a call back.  I sent an email request for a call. 

I am obviously very unimpressed with support at this point.  I understand they can't possibly know all the answers. I don't even mind waiting for an answer if it's not a time sensitive issue.  I am hoping that these experiences are not the norm.  If anyone else has had these experiences with support, please let me know how you have handled it and if you were able to find a way to get actual help.  

Thank you so much.

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3673 309 707

Hi @hmpbk,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Sorry to hear you had a poor experience with the support team. Do you have a ticket number I can take a look at? 

If there's some general Shopify support help you need, I can assist you, but we are unable to address account-specific questions here. 

Let me know! 

Thanks, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
hmpbk
4 0 0

I wasn't given any ticket number.  I was just told the issue was something he had never seen and might be a security issue so someone would contact me and I never heard back.

The other issue I fixed myself with a bit of research on google.  Sadly not on either Shopify or paypal's help sites.

I value good customer service and just want honest answers and kindness and neither experience gave me either of that.  You can imagine my concern going forward as a customer.  The shop management is certainly great but the help files won't always be enough but I have no interest in trying to ask for help a third time after my first two experiences.  So I wonder how to fix the issue that I still have and what I do going forward if I need specific help.  Seems sad to pay a company and they treat customers like that.

0 Likes