Support ticket issues

Highlighted
1 0 0

I run my own drop-shipping store and have been struggling with customer service lately. 80% of my live chat and email tickets are about the same few questions (where’s my order? How much does shipping cost? I want to return my package). I know how important it is to provide excellent customer service, but I honestly don’t have time to handle all the tickets. It takes me around 5 minutes to deal with each one. Not a great use of my time.

Does anyone else struggle with the same issues of having to either provide slow customer support or have your supports agents spend time doing repetitive tasks?

Would love to hear the communities thoughts/experiences!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
215 23 28

Hi, @!

Rose here from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out!

It is definitely a common occurence as of late for all dropshippers. Under normal circumstances, the shipping time for dropshipping is slightly longer than a customer would expect. With everyone shopping online these days, the anticipation to receive an order is heightened and, as time passes, the shipping delays become more noticeable. 

With that being said, I would strongly recommend adding disclaimers on your product pages to advise your customers that shipping can be longer than expected. It is also ideal to add a disclaimer to the shipping rate settings you have at checkout so that the customer is aware of the timeframe as they are purchasing their order. 

We have also noticed an increase in chargebacks for orders that have taken longer than usual. Customer can become concerned and dispute a charge on their credit card due to delay in shipment. I would suggest adding as much detail as possible in your policy pages so that you can have that handy in case you are ever faced with a chargeback. 

In regards to other order related questions such as returns and shipping costs, I'm afraid those general support questions cannot be reduced. Again, since everything is online nowadays, customers will have questions and there is no way around getting back to them if you can.

In terms of alleviating the support debt you're facing due to these types of queries, I would consider an automatic email that advises customers that a team member will get back to them shortly and, if they are wondering about shipping times, it is likely delayed due to the global pandemic. That way, you have some time to answer the incoming emails and can potentially disregard the ones relating to shipping times since the automatic email addresses that concern. If you are interested in this, we have an application called Automated Email that would help. 

I hope that helps! If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Cheers!

Rose | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes