Switch currencies in the annoucement bar

askingquestions
Visitor
1 0 0

for example spend $50 get Free Shipping, but we want the deal to adjust based on customers currency, so if they change the currency to EURO we want it to display spend €44 and get Free Shipping

Replies 7 (7)

Qualitycheck
Shopify Expert
1449 114 233

Hi @askingquestions,

Well, it is possible if you provide which all currencies need to be displayed in the announcement bar beforehand.

It involves adding code to make the setting for showing the appropriate message on the announcement bar based on the currency selection.
Please let me know if you would like to discuss it further.

Amber_Lumiere
8 0 0

Hey, since you mentioned code, would you know where I can find the code needed to add the auto-currency converter to my Free Shipping Bar App? It mentions I can only have that feature if I upgrade to Premium, which I'm obviously trying to avoid doing at all costs:) Any solutions?...

Thanks,
Amber

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @Amber_Lumiere,

I wouldn't be very proficient in code personally, and would not be comfortable offering advice on this because of that. My advice would be to reach out to the app developer directly about this. They would know best about any code for their app and about merging it with another app such as the Free Shipping Bar. You mentioned it was the Multi-Currency Converter app and you can see their website and support section here

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Amber_Lumiere
8 0 0

Thanks for your advice Nick:)

jmq
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, are you still able to offer this as a solution? I'm trying to do the same thing in the Dawn theme.

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @askingquestions,

Nick here from Shopify. Great question! 

Can I ask how you currently have your announcement bar? For example, is it through the theme natively or do you have it via an app? I think this is something that could be accomplished much easier via an app. If it was through the theme natively, it could require some custom code changes if it's not enabled already. 

I did, however, find an app where this is an available feature. It's the Free Shipping Bar by Hextom app which you can find here. You can see from the screenshot below where the app developers mention this in the app description:

01-51-0qjfm-b1gg6

All the best, Nick

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

lolobenci
Visitor
2 0 0

I have the same problem and I dont use the app...just the theme.....