Switching from Pause to "Pause and Build"

Highlighted
1 0 0

We're a small science museum that switch to Shopify this spring to help run our Museum Shop and provide both in-person and online sales.  Unfortunately, we had to close our doors, so we also temporarily closed the Shopify store and switched to the free "Pause" plan in September, with the expectation that in December it would automatically switch to the Pause and Build plan.  We would like to switch to Pause and Build early so we can check some of the sales reports and start making plans for re-opening for online sales soon.  However - when we login, we only have the options of selecting the "Basic Shopify" - "Shopify" - or "Advanced Shopify" plans.  

I tried contacting customer support, but for both Chat and Email, the mandatory "Select a Store" step can't be completed, since our Paused store doesn't show up as a choice.  The owner email address shows up, but the store name doesn't and I can't select it, so I can't contact support directly; especially since they removed phone support as an option.

Is it possible to switch directly from the Pause to the Pause and Build plan?  Do we have to first switch to one of the other plans to gain access to the account, and then we can switch back to Pause and Build (if we do that, do we get a credit for the difference that will get applied to future months, or do we just have to eat the cost of the Basic Spotify plan to re-enable it?

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide.

Stay safe!

-Eric

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
676 63 88

Hey, @MuseumShop.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Those are some good questions!

Reactivating from the Pause plan does require choosing one of the three plans. After you reactivate your store with one of the plans, you can make the switch to the Pause and Build plan ($9 per month). Our system will then prorate the subscription fees and return the difference to your account as subscription credits, which will automatically apply to your next invoice. 

As for contacting our Support team, you can access our live chat and email options without logging into your account on our Support page. So you can spend less time on-hold, we've switched to a callback systems. However, this option does need you to be logged in. That being said, the contact page can be tricky to get to - So we've listed some steps to help you with that right here

Let me know if this was helpful. If you run into any roadblocks, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes