Switching from Shopify basic to Lite

2 0 0

Hello Comunity,

My Name is Santiago and I would like to thank you in advance for your help.

I have been using shopify for the last year trying to sell leather belts in the UK. It is my side hassle so as you can imagine sales are not particularly high (or expected)

I would like to reduce cost over the year and I was thinking of using Facebook to sell together with Shopify Lite. Having said that, I would like you to know that I already have a Basic account created and many features in my website.

Is there any way I can change my Shopify basic account to Lite without wiping everything. I know I will lose most of the shopify features but I just want to keep the shopify payments active.

I hope this explains what I want to do.

Many thanks,

Santi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
102 27 26

Hi @iagobrand ,

Dani here from Shopify!

That's a great question. When you downgrade from the Basic plan to the Lite plan, you remove the Online Store from your account. This means that all your products, settings (including payment providers), customer information, etc. will remain the same. So you will still be able to use Shopify Payments. However, anything that falls under the Online Store tab in the admin - Themes, Domains, Pages, etc. will be removed.

You can downgrade to the Lite plan in the admin by going to Settings > Account (or Plan and Permissions) > Compare plans. On the Compare plans page, you'll see an option to remove your online store at the top of the page.

Removing the store will downgrade you to the Lite plan, and if you're in the middle of a billing cycle you'll receive a pro-rated subscription credit on your account.

Since you're looking to save money on your account, I'm wondering if there is anything we can do to increase the sales on your store so you don't need to downgrade. How are you currently marketing your store? Are you finding that you're getting lots of traffic but no sales? I'd suggest taking a look at our Marketing Checklist to see if there are any ideas that you'd like to try out. I'd love to take a look at your store and see if I can find anything that we can work on to increase conversions on your store.

Let me know if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to continue helping you!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Dani,

Well, first of all I would like to thank you for the support provided. Just with a few clicks I have made a change from Basic to Lite in a few minutes.

Secondly, in regards of why am I changing from Basic to Lite it's simply because I do not have enough time to promote my website and maybe I did not approached my business plan correctly. It's fair to say that I have not invested enough time so I am not expecting any money but from Mid January I'll dedicate more time to my store and hopefully get some results.

This is my first experience with the ecommerce world and so I have to be patience.

Many thanks again for your help!

Best,

Santi

0 Likes