Syntax error sitelinks searchbox

2 0 0

please I am having same syntax error sitelinks issue and don't know what to do 

kapmetics.myshopify.com and I don't know coding. PLEASE HELP ME

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi,

Please I need your expertise with my shopify store. This is the 3rd time I am building my shop and I have been having a technical problem of "Syntax error in sitelinks searchbox " I have even deleted some apps and deleted site pictures to correct it. But the probem still persists. 

Https://kapmetics.myshopify.com 

Please for almost a week now, I have been stuck with this issue.

0 Likes
1 0 1

Brian's fix worked for me as well :)

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0
Having the same issue but noone will.help
0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Brain,

I am also having an issue with Google Webmaster "Syntax error in Sitelinks Searchbox".  I am using Debut theme, can you please help. 

Many thanks! Haseeb

----------

</script>

<script type="application/ld+json">
{
"@context": "http://schema.org",
"@type": "WebSite",
"name": "The Vault Outlet",
"potentialAction": {
"@type": "SearchAction",
"target": "https:\/\/shop.thevaultoutlet.com{{ routes.search_url }}?q={search_term_string}",
"query-input": "required name=search_term_string"
},
"url": "https:\/\/shop.thevaultoutlet.com"
}
</script>
</div>
<div class="page-container" id="PageContainer">
<main class="main-content js-focus-hidden" id="MainContent" role="main" tabindex="-1">
<!-- BEGIN content_for_index --><div id="shopify-section-1565217699461" class="shopify-section index-section index-section--flush index-section--slideshow"><div data-section-id="1565217699461" data-section-type="slideshow-section"><div id="SlideshowWrapper-1565217699461" class="slideshow-wrapper" role="region" aria-label="slideshow" aria-describedby="slideshow-info" tabindex="-1">

-----

Google structured data test result:

----
@type
WebSite
name
The Vault Outlet
url
potentialAction

@type
SearchAction
target

@type
EntryPoint

cancel

urlTemplate
https://shop.thevaultoutlet.com{{ routes.search_url }}?q={search_term_string} (There is an error in your Sitelinks Search Box template: INVALID_SYNTAX.)
query-input

@type
PropertyValueSpecification
valueRequired
valueName
search_term_string
---
0 Likes
1 0 0
Hi Brian, can you please assist me. I’m having the same google search syntax error for my Shopify site. Can’t figure out how to solve it
www.laneyandlou.com.au
0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi,

Can you please tell me how Brian fix the Error "Syntax errors in sitelinks search box " ?

Will greatlly do appreciate! bcoz i literally spent whole day trying to fixgure it out and i couldn't

@Shawna_Jacobs wrote:

0 Likes
3 0 0

my website is www.jjtechnologies.com.au

please somebody help to fix this error while inspecting URL  and this error comes up "Syntax Error sitelinks search box"

Really do appreciate

Thank you

@JimmyLe wrote:

Hi,

Can you please tell me how Brian fix the Error "Syntax errors in sitelinks search box " ?

Will greatlly do appreciate! bcoz i literally spent whole day trying to fixgure it out and i couldn't

@Shawna_Jacobs wrote:

0 Likes
2 0 1

So very much appreciate this thread and the support it provides!  New to Shopify and have been having the Syntax Error in Sitelinks Search Box, too.  Removed one of the lines of code as instructed.  Submitted my sitemap and then ran a Live Test on the Google Console  Still seeing the same error code.  Am very much a neophyte with all of this and am not sure if I did it correctly or if it will take time for the results to show up.    Below is the area where I took the code from.  Any and all help would be hugely appreciate!

Capture 2.PNG

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
236 57 66

Hi @CheriJ,

I can understand your confusion. Once you've made the changes, the error does not disappear instantly. The error takes time (days or weeks) to be removed from Google Search Console. You may private message me a link to your store, and I will confirm that the changes have been made properly.

Cheers!

For future readers:

Please send me a private message for support with this issue.

Brian | Shopify Partner | Ecommerce Consultant
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution  
 - Need further assistance? Visit www.BrianAtWork.com

0 Likes