T-shirts Front & Back Images

Highlighted
5 0 0

I have searched and searched on ways to do this, so please forgive me if it has been asked before. I have t-shirt designs, which I have created variants for in color and in size. The designs are on the front and back though. I'd like to have just 2 default images (black color front and back image) but when the user changes the color, it shows the corresponding color front and back. Right now, it's showing all images on the product page, which is about 40 images :/

There has to be an easier way to do this. Please help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Bump.

Is this possible? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
10007 116 1820

Is this possible? 

I doubt your theme has this feature built it but since you're able to edit the theme files the answer would be yes. Hard to give any suggestion about approach since you've not given a link to the site, nor do we know the theme.

Just keep in mind that the depending on theme, it may end up being too complex a task for simple forum help.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Thank you for your reply, Jason. The theme I am using is 'Simple'. I don't have a link yet as I have not signed up for a plan since I don't know if Shopify has everything I would need for an ecommerce store. 

With that being said, does the 'Simple' theme have the capabilities of doing what I need it too? If not, what can I look for in custom themes for this option? I would like to not have to dive into code, even though I could if necessary.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
10007 116 1820

I would like to not have to dive into code, even though I could if necessary.

It's a feature that very few stores would want so doubt any theme is going to have it built in. Most - if not all - pre-made themes will show all thumbnails at once and use variant images to show the selected variants (single) image.

Since you're trying to show just two thumbnails (and maybe the connection variant image) you're going to need to get your hands dirty with the code.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

I would think a feature showing the front and back of a t-shirt (since there could be a design on both sides) would be a built-in function. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
58 0 14

Quick solution just add both images and make the front image the featured one :)

If you want front and back on hover on the collection page or something you could do it with a bit of css and liquid code

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Thanks Dave for your response. I'm okay with that idea except that I have multiple colors so I'd have to either have several images on the same page with the same shirt (multiple colors with front + back images) or create separate products for each color of the shirt.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I see this thread dates to 2014. I am in the same position with a Simple theme, multiple color front/back shirts. Were you able to come up with a solution/theme that may help me as well? Thanks!

0 Likes