TAKING OUT THE TEST MODE OUT AND WHATS WRONG WITH THE STORE

Highlighted
1 0 0

I THINK THE STORE LOOKS GOOD GOT VISITORS BUT NO SALE PLUS I WON'T KNOW PROBABLY THE TEST MODE STILL ON AND I TOOK IT OUT OF THE MODE IN [SETTING-PAYMENT-MANAGED- AND AT THE BOTTOM CLICK IT OUT WHICH I DID BUT FOR SOME REASON IS STILL ON I GUESS SOMEONE HELP WITH THAT PROBLEMScreenshot (8).png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 2 3

It's not saying that test mode is STILL on, it's saying that it WAS on when this order was created.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
326 45 57

Hey @Ivyztrendz!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for taking the time to reach out to the Community! @BethK1977 is correct, the notice at the top of this order is simply a reminder that this wasn't a real transaction, and therefore haven't received any funds for this order. That being said, I'd like to ensure that you have in fact turned off your payment gateway's test mode before launching your store out to the public. Are you using the Shopify Payments payment gateway or a third-party payment gateway?

If you're using Shopify Payments, you can go to Settings > Payments. If your test mode is in fact on, you should see a yellow banner at the top of the Shopify Payments section stating 'Shopify Payments is running on test mode. Turn off test mode.' You can click either the Turn off test mode hyperlink, or 'Manage' here.

20-08-qjuqj-iiykj

At the bottom of this page in the Test mode section, you'll want to ensure that your 'Enable test mode' is unchecked. If it is checked, uncheck it and save changes. 

20-08-3pikd-q61rl

If it's a third-party payment gateway that you're using, it's likely that you've used the Bogus Payment Gateway to simulate transactions. In that case, you'll need to go to Settings > Payments and click 'Manage' in the (for test) Bogus Payment Gateway section.

20-08-kx3yb-vz4h4

At the bottom of this page, select 'Deactivate Bogus Payment Gateway' and confirm you'd like to deactivate it in the pop-up!

20-08-kk5ec-7a9pq

Some third-party payment providers may also have their own testing feature directly within the gateway. If that's the case, I recommend looking through their documentation or contacting their Support Team for any questions regarding their gateway.

How is the rest of your store coming along? Have you gone through all the steps prescribed in our Essential Shopify Store Launch Checklist

I hope this helps! Let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes