@DenaB my bad....it goes...uhhh...w/e your 3 digit number is stick with that...the area that you can add 5 numbers (think it's branch #) instead of a "zero" (0)...put in a number 7 at the end to let it (the program) know it's Canada based account. Hope you get it...ahhh....just found a copy of mine. It's the TRANSIT number! Let's say your transit number is 1234 and your inputting it as 01234 because thats what its telling you. Instead go 12347. The 7 is the code for Canada banking institutions. Good luck again!
Thanks for the replies & sorry I forgot to update this. Luckily, my branch manager knew the trick as BMO's general help line for business accounts was useless. (As is Shopify's pretty much on this thing) Anyway, for BMO you add a 2 to the end of your transit number and it works. I have no idea why.
I'm still getting this issue after adding 7 at the end to Transit#.
It says Institute# is invalid, adding 004 for TD account
Turns out the last digit of the branch number is not always 7. It's based on where your business is located. So for example if you're in Ontario the last digit will actually be 2.
Branch numbers ending with:
* 0 are located in British Columbia and Yukon
* 1 are located in Western Québec including Montreal and surrounding areas
* 2 are located in Ontario including Toronto and surrounding area
* 3 are located in Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland excluding Labrador
* 4 are located in New Brunswick
* 5 are located in Eastern Québec including Labrador
* 6 are located in Eastern Ontario including Ottawa and surrounding area
* 7 are located in Manitoba and North-Western Ontario
* 8 are located in Saskatchewan
* 9 are located in Alberta, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut (?)
Shopify form says the institution number 004 for TD Bank is not valid. I know I have the correct information. I have also tried opening incognito. After speaking to my Bank they tell me that 004 is the correct information. Very frustrating. I hope the whole platform isn't this difficult. I have spent many hours trying to fix this and I have only just begun.
I had this issue with BMO too. Luckily, my branch manager knew the trick as BMO's general help line for business accounts was useless. (As is Shopify's pretty much on this thing) Anyway, for BMO you add a 2 to the end of your transit number and enter that. I have no idea why.
Hope this works for you!