TEST MODE ADD TO CART, HAVE I LOST SALES?

2 0 0

Hello everyone in the community hope you're doing well!

I launched my store few days ago with Facebook Ads, i got just one sale with paypal and other 10 add to cart.

Due to my mistake, the store was in test mode, luckly the only sale was with paypal and so it gone well!

I didn't get any other unfulfilled order and there's no failed payment in the abandoned carts section!

This means that all the people that added to cart then didn't try to pay right?

i need to know if i lost sales because this info will impact on the campaign that i'm currently running!

thanks a lot

Alessandro.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
622 59 82

Hey, @alemarti92!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

First of all, congratulations on launching your store and already making your first sale! That's so awesome to hear! Now to address your concern. When a potential customer adds products to the cart and proceeds to the checkout, if they don't complete the entire checkout process, this will create an "abandoned checkout" which can be viewed from your Orders> Abandoned Checkouts section of the admin. If the abandoned checkout is a result of a failed payment attempt, you'll be able to see this in the History at the bottom of the abandoned checkout. Here's a screenshot I took from my own test store to show you what that would look like: 

abandonedcheckout.png

If there is no History in the abandoned checkout, then that means the customer simply proceeded to the checkout, but decided to leave before finishing placing their order. 

If you have any questions about specific orders or abandoned checkouts on your account, feel free to reply back here and show me a screenshot of any parts that you need clarification on. Just be sure to blur out or cover any sensitive information from you or your customers. I hope this helps, and congratulations once again! 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes