TRANSFERING OWNERSHIP OF SHOPIFY STORE

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi 

I need help and guidance on how to transfer ownership of my shopify store. 

I am the current owner and would like to give one of the staff accounts full ownership. 

How do I do this ? Every response I have seen online is outdated. 

Thanks. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
441 26 71

Hey, Mitchell! 

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! Hope your day is going well! I would be happy to help you out with transferring ownership in your store!

First off, I would recommend going through your Shopify Admin and changing any settings that you'd like switched over to the new owner, like billing information, check the account that is connected to your payment gateway, be sure to check out the shipping address in your settings as well. 
When you're ready, you can transfer ownership by heading into your Shopify Admin. You can follow these steps from your Shopify Admin to transfer ownership: 

• From you Admin, you will click on 'Account'
  • Click on the new owner's name under the 'Accounts and permissions' section.
  • A new page will open to show that staff member's account details. If you scroll down to 'Admin Access' you will want to click on the button that reads; 'Make staff member the account owner.'
  • You would then be prompted to put in your password and you can then click on 'Transfer account ownership' which will complete the transfer of ownership! 

We have a really awesome step by step doc that I would recommend checking out as well, you can check it out here it will go over the details on how to change ownership and adjust staff member accounts from your Shopify admin. I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions - be sure to ask and we would be happy to help!

Karlie
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Yes I have tried to do this but that button does not exist. 

Do you have any additional help? Would be great 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

To Whom It May Concern,

If the following steps are followed as described in this thread, will the current billing information be cancelled, as it is not possible to remove once current payment method (credit card details or paypal acc info), however only replace it.

Please advise?

Regards,

0 Likes