Tag order with UTM code from conversion

Andre4
2 0 2

Hello,

I would like to be able to tag orders with the UTM codes we used to make the conversion. For example, if we send a user to our site using this URL https://www.oursite.com&source=test I would like to be able to tag a resulting order with tag: source=test or something like that.

I want to do this so I can filter orders by UTM in the dashboard, and or with reports.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!

Vishal3
Excursionist
39 0 10

Hey Andre,

In order to track orders with UTM you need to install Google Analytics in your store.

Follow this steps to integrate Google analytics with your store: https://www.shopify.com/blog/14681601-google-analytics-for-ecommerce-a-beginners-guide

After successful installation, you will start getting reports like this: 

In more detail: 

Get 14 days FREE access of Browser Push Notifications at apps.shopify.com/izooto-web-push
Andre4
2 0 2

Thank you Vishal,

I have this installed and am able to see these reports in Google Analytics. What I am trying to accomplish is a little different however.

I would like to be able to tag orders *in Shopify* with the UTM code tag(s) that were present for the conversion. So if someone clicks a link with UTM code 'relationships_ebook' and then purchases, I would like to be able to see in their order, by way of a tag, that the UTM code was 'relationships_ebook'. I can click into conversion detail now in the order summary to see this, but I want a tag so I can run a report *in Shopify* to show me all orders with a given UTM tag.

I need this to be in Shopify, and not just in Google Analytics, so I can have access to customer information (name, contact info, etc) along with what was in the order, for future marketing campaigns. In Google Analytics, since Google doesn't allow storing/transmitting personally identifiable information, the customer information is stripped out and all I have access to is order number, what products they ordered, $ amount, etc...

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!

Andre

Vishal3
Excursionist
39 0 10

Got it.

Yes, GA will provide you aggregated data. Have came across few apps: 

My pick would be compass, but since all of them are providing 2 weeks trial, you can give them a try.

Get 14 days FREE access of Browser Push Notifications at apps.shopify.com/izooto-web-push
Anthony_Franck
2 0 1

Hi, none of the 3 resource links are hosted in Shopify app store any longer. 

We have a client that is also looking to use UTM tags so that we can see more data from Facebook and Instagram ads conversions in our Google Analytics but also simply by exporting our order sheets each morning for the day before. Any ideas of current best practices and plugins for shopify that can help us leverage UTM tags better for more detailed levels of tag tracking? Thanks in advance for your help

lizever
1 0 1

Any solution for this?  We want to do the same things as well.

stevenwithaph
2 0 2

I would also love to find a solution for this. If anyone finds anything out that would be great. 

stevenwithaph
2 0 2

Would also love to find a solution for this. 

TyMadson
1 0 0

I would also love a solution to this. 

Shopify flow has a trigger that is supposed to do this however it doesn't work. 

0 Likes