Taking a Deposit/Part Payments

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

I sell graphic design services and would like to set my shop up so that a 50% deposit is taken upfront and the remaining 50% on project completion. Is there a deposit or part payment function in shopify POS? I looked at the app store but the ones I found were more for splitting payment over different cards. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
223 43 79

Hi @katiebb,

Dani here from Shopify. Thanks for writing in!

Since you're using the POS system, you can accept partial payments following our guide here. Once you've selected the partial payment you can then mark the order as partial paid. When you're ready to accept the balance of your payment you can then go back to the orders screen, tap the partially paid order, and select the option to take payment.

If you're also going to be accepting deposits for online sales, you may be interested in using one of these apps:

These two apps will allow your customers to pay their deposit online, and you can invoice them for the balance at a later date.

How are you currently marketing your design services? If you haven't already, I'd highly recommend taking a look at our free Shopify Academy courses. These courses are taught by leading industry experts to increase traffic and conversions on your site.

Let me know if you have any further questions! I'd be happy to continue helping you.

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, 

Are these apps still available? I'm in a similar situation where I sell video services and would like to require a deposit at check out and then the remainder at completion. How do I go about this? Is there a free alternative to Shopify's POS? 

Thanks, 

Knechtion

0 Likes