Taxes not showing up correctly on Billing Info page

2 0 0

There used to be a feature in Shopify Checkout that applied taxes on a product instantly as soon as you selected your country / state in the Billing Information page. That is no longer working / broken now. Only when you move to the payments page is when you see the updated price which is kind of odd. I want the correct final price that a user has to pay be visible all throughout my website, not just on final payments page. Is anybody else facing this? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
177 17 20

Hey there, @faiyadh!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! It sounds like your Tax Settings may be currently set to not display taxes included in pricing, but I'd be happy to guide you to set this up.

In your Admin, you'll want to go into you Settings > Taxes and scroll down to the bottom half of the page under Tax calculations. The top checkbox here to Show all prices with tax included will need to be checked off:

After saving these changes, the pricing will on the Payments page of your checkout, as well as throughout the rest of the store. I hope this helps! Please let me know if there's anything I can elaborate on.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Thanks for your reply, Ryder. I understand this feature but this will show tax included in the price but I do not want that. I would want the tax to be applied separately. So I don't think the option you're suggesting would help. So my problem is related to the inconsistency with Billing Info & Payments page. The desirable functionality is for the price to update on Billing Info page as soon as I select a country or US state where taxes are applicable which is not currently working. I only see what taxes are being applied once I'm on the Payments page. Please refer attached screenshots (example of Arizona).

Billing Info page:
Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 11.27.09 AM.pngBilling Info page - Tax bot visible

Payments page:

Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 11.27.28 AM.pngPayments page - Tax included

0 Likes