Technical support

Highlighted
13 0 0

I have been trying for so long but I’m still have trouble adding my google pixel code to my Shopify store. I watched many videos and they all say you just have to copy and paste the pixel code into your Shopify store. However in my preference page in Shopify doesn’t have this option, it just says set up Facebook account. Doesn’t anyone know how to solve this??i want to be able to paste in my pixel number in. I’ll put pictures below

51A0BBF6-ADA5-487E-866E-25215726266F.jpeg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
128 21 36

Hi @Pleaseread

The screenshot you have uploaded seems to be from the Facebook Sales Channel. You can add your Facebook Pixel and Google Analytics code by going to Online Store > Preferences. You'll find the fields you need there. 

Panos Voulgaris
Creative director / Partner @ MALVI
Founder @ function( )
0 Likes
Highlighted
13 0 0

@pvoulg I clicked online store then preferences and it still has the button and not the paste in box. I’ll attach a photo below. I would really be grateful if you could solve this issue for me, I have been stuck for days.

image.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
128 21 36

Yeah, apparently since the whole Facebook Shop has been slowly rolling out, the pixel setup has been moved to the Facebook Sales channel for newer accounts. If you go to your Facebook channel you can login using your Facebook account (Connect Account) and the select your Business Manager, Facebook Page, Ad Account, setup your Pixel, etc. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 22.10.20.png

Panos Voulgaris
Founder @ function( )
0 Likes
Highlighted
13 0 0

@pvoulg The weird part is that when I first got my account it had an option to paste in the pixel number, but now it doesn’t . Could it be that I did something to my settings to mess this up?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
128 21 36

It's most likely a feature change to align Shopify with the release of Facebook Shops.

Panos Voulgaris
Founder @ function( )
0 Likes