TeeHatch - Shipping Integration

Solved
crewcultureltd
2 0 1

Can anyone provide guidance on how to integrate TeeHatch (POD) App's Shipping rates into my site. Currently I can only link into Canada Post(CP) as a carrier and their calculated rates are not matching up with what I am getting charged by TeeHatch.

Thanks,

Jarret Whitbread

Crew Culture Ltd.

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1017 93 240

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, Jarret!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Are you trying to set up shipping rates through Shopify Shipping?

If so, it's important to know that using calculated rates through Shopify Shipping isn't feasible when it comes to dropshipping and print-on-demand businesses. This is because Shopify Shipping calculates rates based on where the product is being shipped from, where the product is being shipped to, along with the total weight of the package. As a print-on-demand business, you aren't handling and fulfilling the products yourself so it's nearly impossible to provide customers with accurate rates.

That being said, some print-on-demand apps like Printify and Printful offer a live rates integration if you have Shopify's carrier-calculated shipping feature enabled on your Shopify plan. This feature is available on the Advanced plan or can be added to any plan for an additional $20 per month. You can also get carrier calculated shipping for free if you switch to annual billing cycle.

I took a look at TeeHatch's documentation to see if they have an integration with live rates. In this help doc, they indicate that:

Typically, we find our customers pricing the products for US and Canadian orders such that their customers receive free shipping at checkout. If you want to, you can also charge your customers shipping separately based on their location and replicate the pricing model we have on our shipping page.

This tells me that they do not offer the ability to integrate live rates with their app and instead suggest that merchants offer free shipping. This is actually the most common way that dropshippers handle shipping, since the shipping cost can often be factored into the markup of your product price. However, if you don't want to offer free shipping, then I suggest checking out TeeHatch's help doc on shipping so you can create flat-rates that are similar to TeeHatch's own rates. 

I hope this clears things up but let me know if you have any further questions!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
crewcultureltd
2 0 1

This information was most helpful thank you!