Test Mode order

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 1

I'm getting ready to do a test order. In order to choose "test mode" I followed the help video and went to "Settings". After clicking Settings on the list I see the category "Payments" not "Payment Providers" as shown in the video. After clicking there is only "View Payouts" and not "Manage" to go to test mode (see the difference in the images). Is it that some of my account info is missing? We are still waiting to receive some bank info etc.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 1.52.28 pm.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-09 at 1.52.42 pm.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
294 33 45

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @UncommonImports !

Thanks for your question. Most of what you're seeing is the same, except for some minor cosmetic changes. As you had mentioned, we've changed Payment Providers to Payments. The Manage button is actually still there, it's just a blue button in the top right corner in your first screenshot. In case you, or anyone in the future needs the steps to set up test modes, you can see them below:

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Thank you Oliver, wow my eye didn't even go to the upper right. So trained to look where we're told! Can you also answer my other question I just asked regarding multiple shipping amounts?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I was able to follow the instructions, but to me, it doesn't seem that test mode works when trying to do a test order from a Buy Button on an external site.

Is that the case?

I'm on the lite plan and using a buy button on my website. Regular payments go through as I had my g/f make and order (with real money) to see if it works. Everything did work which is good, but I'm editing the email response for digital downloads and I can't have friends keep spending money to test my site because Test Mode only works for full Shopify stores.

Regards,

shopify newbie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
294 33 45

Hi, @dbtactical321 

Thanks for your question! If you have test mode enabled for Shopify Payments, it wouldn't be possible for an order to process with a valid credit card. You'll need to use the test card information which is outlined here. Using Test Mode should be possible regardless of the plan you're on, as long you're using Shopify Payments.

Let's double check and make sure Test Mode is enabled for the shop. first head to the Shopify Payments settings under Settings > Payment Providers > ManageFrom there, scroll to the bottom of the page and check the box that says “Enable Test Mode and then 'Save'. Let me know if we've double checked that it's enabled and you're still unsure what's going on here. I'd be happy to troubleshoot things further with you!

Warm regards!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes