Test Payments in Pause and Build

MJanssen
Tourist
6 0 2

Hey,

My store is currently in the Pause and Build mode, and I would like to test my payment process before opening up products to my customers. However, because I am in the pause and build mode I get an error message saying my store is closed for check out. 

Is there any way to go through the payment testing process anyway? 

Thanks! 

Replies 4 (4)

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 318

Hi @MJanssen,

Hyde here from Shopify. Great question!

When you use the Pause and Build plan, your store continues to run at a reduced cost of $9 USD per month. You can access your Shopify admin and edit your products when you need to, but your checkout is disabled. This means that customers can see your products, but they can't purchase them.

As a result, you also cannot test the checkout until you are back on an active plan. Take a look at the available plans here. Once you are on an active plan, here is how you can test your checkout.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best, Hyde.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

BleuSky
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, I have a similar question, it maybe the same one just differently worded but just in case for clarity.

I currently have a store on the basic plan. I would like to move it to 'pause and build'. I have no problem how to do that.

My question is: I understand that checkout is not possible under pause & build, however once paused would I still be able to add an item to the cart, then go to checkout and see the item cost plus the calculated shipping amount?

One of a long list of things I wanted to work on while paused was locations, shipping rates and would like to see it all calculate correctly once updated. 

regards BleuSky 

MJanssen
Tourist
6 0 2
As far as I have figured out you can not, sadly. You can add a product to
your store, and people can see it (if you make it available), but you can
not click on the check out option; it'll send you to an error page saying
check out is unavailable. So no shipping costs etc are calculated..
BleuSky
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks for the quick reply.