Test mode

1 0 0

Hello, When I first disabled the password to my store, one of my customers told me that they couldn't checkout because it said the store was in test mode. So I went into settings and removed it out of test mode. The customer was then able to complete the transaction and her card got charged.  but when I go in to fulfill the order, it says that the order was created in test mode. Will i be able to receive payment from this order do i need to refund the customer and have them reorder. When I check the details of the transaction in the timeline, it does not indicate that it was an test. It gives me authorization key. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
594 36 75

Hi, @jbashboutique.

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

It sounds like you have Shopify Payments enabled, is that correct? If there is a yellow banner near the top of the order that looks like this, the payment should be noted as a test in the order's Timeline as well. When you view payment settings (either through this button if you have the banner, or directly through Settings > Payments) does the payment gateway still appear to be in test mode?

20-11-211vb-hyu0c

Here's what the note in the order's Timeline would look like if the gateway was still in test mode at the time the order was placed:

20-11-bnnnm-l029g

An authorization key can be generated even for test orders, so let me know if you see the 'True' flag under Test in the order's Timeline and we can go from there. It's also good to double check the payment method that this order was processed on if you have multiple payment gateways enabled.If you have determined that the order was placed in test mode, you can cancel the order and instead create a draft order to invoice the customer.

I'm happy to send you an email so I can take a look at the transaction and payment gateway settings too if you need any help. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes