Testing Shopify Plugins

Highlighted
2 0 0

We have a live store that is functioning and is being used.

We want to add two plugins to this store however we want to ensure this wont cause any issues for our users.

The plugins are the following:

- BOLD Custom Pricing

- BOLD Memberships

Is there any way we can test these plugins on our site before pushing them live? They change a considerable section of our store.

Would a development store be able to install these plugins and not incur extra charges to test everything out?

Cheers,

James

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
792 65 91

Hi @CMG_James,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us!

This is a great question! So there wouldn't be a way to add these apps to your account as the apps could make changes to your live store, which from my understanding, is not what you are looking to do. With that in mind, I have a few suggestions below that should do the trick:

1. You could create a new 14-day free trial (as a test account) and duplicate your current store's data to the new account as mentioned in this guide. You can add the apps and test everything out but you wouldn't have access to the checkout unless you pick a plan. You can always confirm a subscription whilst on a trial and you won't be charged for anything until the free trial ends. You can close a store easily as shown in this guide. Both of the apps you have mentioned offer a 14-day free trial too!

2. You could join our Partner programme here, duplicate your store's data as mentioned above and then create a test store using your new Partner dashboard. The Partner programme is used by developers, freelancers etc to help develop Shopify stores, apps and themes for their business or clients. There's no trial added to these accounts for development reasons, so essentially it's an endless test account unless you close the store. That said, development store's do not have access to the checkout either, so it wouldn't be possible to test the checkout if you choose this option. If you need to test the checkout, I'd recommend creating a 14-day free account as mentioned in my first point above. 

3. Bold's customer support is fantastic and they might be able to offer an alternative solution or they might be able to show you examples of how the app would work in certain scenarios. You can contact them via support@boldcommerce.com anytime. 

Let me know what you think if there is anything else I can help you with, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes